How to get into the 12's

So far very good. What I like most about it is you would never know the supercharger is there if I didn't tell you. Very sleeper. But for the most potential performance I'd go with a inter cooled twin screw Whipple or KB like RoadBoss. I like the whine but everyone knows your supercharged. But for what ever reason the fastest verified modular Mark I've seen is Burbanks Vortech at 10.67 et. I have a spare low miles engine and was thinking of forging the bottom end but with the cast crank and the lighter forged rods and pistons to run just a little more boost. But the amount of competition is picking up. Ill probably soon be out ran by a N/A once Driller gets his going. Maybe I need to plan bigger. Lately I've been looking for a wrecked 5.0 GT with a automatic. Oh well good luck sir I'll be watching.

I think I'm giving up on the new mustang 5.0 idea. I've been hearing that they don't last long with much modifications.

Hello bmergner. It is not a kit it is all custom with a Vortech S-3, a idler and a plate of aluminum. Also some custom spacers and household pluming supply's.

thanks for the update, it looked like you did a custom install. i have been thinking of doing something like u have and those pics REALLY helped.... lookd great..

Now it only revs to about 5,600 rpms.

WOW! :eek: You have a low 12 in that thing if you can rev it more. I would definitely invest in a set of springs. My current fail chip tune on my 98 has the commanded shift points at 6100 and 6300 rpms. I have a feeling when it hits the dyno this next month and this current tune gets erased and re-done, the shift points are going to be up there even higher, possibly. When I ran my 13.59 and all of my other runs, I was manually shifting the car because of the fail tune. I remember shifting the car at 6500+ into 2nd gear and just about 6700 rpms into third gear. The Cobra intake really likes to breathe at the higher rpms and even trying to pull through premature lock-up into 3rd gear, I was still trapping at over 101mph. I think the Gen1 intakes are also good for just about as much rpms as the Cobra intakes are. The Gen2 intakes are dead at 6000 rpms. A paperweight in my opinion now that I know what a real intake is capable of. A set of springs and a stout stall converter should allow you to rev it out to 7K rpms(not suggested), but I would imagine you would see full boost a long time before that.

I have an 03/04 cobra supercharger with all the hardware. I thought it would be a simple install. I had to get the cobra front timing cover, still need cobra heads,and the small alternator & mounting bracket. Dons set up looks to be a much more cost effective way to get there. Great looking, great runing Mark---love the the videos. thanks for sharing. George

Ran a new personal best today 12.37@110.21

A06A.jpg

How did you pick up 10 mph from the 12.37@110.21 run to the

11.66@119.81mph run?

Thanks Kirk, I sure your going to run better also with a tune. On the power end there were three things that helped. Closing up the spark plug gap to .038 . Switched to running a 50/50 mixture of alcohol and water instead of washer fluid in the meth injection and it being colder. To help make it faster we also did some things to lighten it. On the front we mounted a set of Aluminum spare tire wheels with a set of the lightest used tires I could find. Also we removed the passenger and back seats. Also the battery was moved to the trunk to help launch it. That video of running RobertP was deleted because I have a better one Supercharged Mark VIII Vs Supercharged Thunderbird - YouTube

On the front we mounted a set of Aluminum spare tire wheels with a set of the lightest used tires I could find.

I just picked up my alumis a couple months ago. Can't wait to run them. I can lift each wheel with one finger with the spare tire rubber still on there. I can definitely see a substantial weight savings compared to the steelies I have up front now. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back