How to get into the 12's

I wish you had a camera to take a pic of that guys face right after the race. I am so glad that in Nashville these cars are like diamonds in the rough instead of a dime a dozen. Lol since these cars are so rare here I think I can claim King of Nashville as far as having the fastest Mark VIII.

Way to go Don.

I am hoping for a least low 12's but this was ok for it's first time out. It's easy/fun to drive and is very consistant. And we found some things to work on. I'll bet most of those that have done this a few times would agree this was a very good first time out. I drove it there and home with no signs of wear.

Some 4.86 or 5.14 gears will really wake your car up and possibly get you into the 11s. You will not be happy on the highway with it though. In tried it and found out just how miserable it is to listen to my engine screaming at 70 mph. Lots of fun around town though.

Yea I would go with 4:30 gears in hind sight. A set had come up for sale but Jamie snaged them before I could. He seems happy with them.

I am thinking a 100 shot is going to be the cheapest way to go...:D

Agree, with the stock motor I believe it's close to self destruct mode. I have a back up engine. Maybe I'll put a forged bottom in it. If I understand correctly the rods are the weak link ??? I've seen several types of Forged rods on ebay. I would want the lightest I could get but handle about 500 hp ??? And Forged light wieght pistons ???

Hey nice work! You’re using the stock intake tube correct? Are you getting it to seal around the throttle body under pressure?

I was referring to forged rods/pistons from Joe Blow on eBay. You can get quality parts no doubt, just know what you're buying and from where, that's all.

Because it weighs less so it will make more power with all else being equal. As long as it is strong enough. My future plan is a little under 500 hp. Here is a picture of under the hood. Needs a good detailing.

A15.gif

No still running the old tune. I am not sure if I am done. I what to at least replace the valve springs with bee hive style springs. So they can rev it higher in the next tune. Now it only revs to about 5,600 rpms. Here is a picture of my meth hook ups.

A04a.jpg

Don, that is the plan for my motor. My motor is C heads with a cobra intake. I am waiting until the motor is done until I choose a supercharger. How's that Vortech working for you?

Members online

No members online now.
Back