how rare is this LSC

lincolnboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
just so wrong....

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/3477964248.html

3G13I83H75If5U15M3cch9b466cf1d2e31ef6.jpg

It'll cost more than that to have that vinyl removed :(

As an avid enthusiast I gotta say... even though it's hidious in my book I'd still own it. Senior owned, black '96 LSC. Between the bumpers & headlamps the car is already worth it. You can probably bring that price down quite a bit. I'd sell those wheels ASAP, throw some chrome 10 spokes & call it a day. Keep her 100% stock & that's that. Just to say I owned a Mark VIII with a raggedy @ss vinyl top! lol

I'd take that 96 just like it is and swap out front and rear bumper covers, headlights and it would sell in NW Huntsville for more than that. Win for me and win for the brothers in NW Huntsville, no disrespect intended but they would love that car. Me, I hate it. I just happen to have everything needed to change it over and in black too. :D

shoes

What's with San Antonio? They give the cars away, but the shoes I get from there are $200. a pair. Really good shoes made in USA

Not at $3/gal. The wife would kill me if I brought an other one home right now.

Yeh, these new cars are coming out in 30-50 mpg. I was reading about the 47/47/47mpg 2013 Fusion Hybrid (those are the EPA mileage printed that are being challenged all over the place).

Hard to daily drive a 20 mpg car any distance when you could save a ton of money with one of these new cars. Personally, I rate the oil companies right up there with lawyers and insurance company executives.

I'd love to have a 47mpg car. But I refuse to drive anything with a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels. So I'm stuck with my 20+mpg Mark VIII:D Now if I could find another '87 Mustang 2.3L 5-speed like I used to have, I'd be set. RWD and 30+mpg all the time. Slow as hell, but still fun to drive:)

Yeh, these new cars are coming out in 30-50 mpg. I was reading about the 47/47/47mpg 2013 Fusion Hybrid (those are the EPA mileage printed that are being challenged all over the place).

Hard to daily drive a 20 mpg car any distance when you could save a ton of money with one of these new cars. Personally, I rate the oil companies right up there with lawyers and insurance company executives.

I save on mpg's buy not buying a new car every 2 years. With Tax, insurance, repairs and a car payment. I'm still spending less then a new car payment. I will need to be 200mpg before it will justify the cost. Buying marks for parts.... well thats is just fun! :)

i save on mpg's buy not buying a new car every 2 years. With tax, insurance, repairs and a car payment. I'm still spending less then a new car payment. I will need to be 200mpg before it will justify the cost. Buying marks for parts.... Well thats is just fun! :)

+1

That's why I live where I live. When I travel for work, it's the company truck where I don't pay for the fuel. I fill the tank on my LSC maybe once every 3 weeks, so it definitely wouldn't be worth a new vehicle for me anytime soon!

However, in 1995, I used to drive about 200 miles a DAY for my work, so I bought a new Mazda Protege that got 40-42 mpg. I put over 300,000 miles on that car in less than 6 years before I got rid of it. So if you figure I saved over 7000 gallons of fuel (comparing 20 mpg to 41 mpg) in the time I owned that car, that's way more than the $14,000 I spent on the car.

And for what it's worth, the insurance on that new car was WAY cheap - much cheaper than I pay now!

Members online

No members online now.
Back