HORRIBLE SQUEAKING

Update: Initially I had trouble finding the right adapters to press out the bushing and after some thin pipe mushroomed on me I decided to take a chance and order the Moog control arm for the 2000-2002 (I have a 2005). My reasoning being the replacement bushings are the same for all years and the Lemforder control arms are the same part for all years as well. Moog does make a different, more expensive arm for the 2005 as well and the other brands do too. Since it was only $95 I figured I would take a chance and if it didn't match just send it back. Of course I usually don't give up easily and went back to trying to press out the bushings. When I found adapters (sockets) that worked I went on to replace the bushing with the Moog bushing as mentioned earlier. By the time I tried to cancel the order I couldn't so I got the replacement control arm I order yesterday. As far as I could tell the new control arm is an exact match. I installed it today and drove on it with no problems. Ordered the other side too.
So how are the moog arms going? I wanna get rid of the squeak, found a parts car with new moog rear uac's. I would like to know how weĺ they hold up.

So how are the moog arms going? I wanna get rid of the squeak, found a parts car with new moog rear uac's. I would like to know how weĺ they hold up.

I received the other side but haven't installed it yet. It also seems to be an exact match. It is far too early to comment on how well the Moog LCA I installed on the passenger side is holding up. I will say that the clunking that I heard over speed bumps is gone and also that it seems to handle ok. There is still some noise in the suspension from that wheel that compares with the others. Since I haven't replaced all of the other original suspension parts I don't expect it to be completely quiet. Once I get the driver's side LCA done I will take it for an alignment and report back the results.

I received the other side but haven't installed it yet. It also seems to be an exact match. It is far too early to comment on how well the Moog LCA I installed on the passenger side is holding up. I will say that the clunking that I heard over speed bumps is gone and also that it seems to handle ok. There is still some noise in the suspension from that wheel that compares with the others. Since I haven't replaced all of the other original suspension parts I don't expect it to be completely quiet. Once I get the driver's side LCA done I will take it for an alignment and report back the results.
Handles ok, or as well? Did handling drop noticably?

As well or slightly better. I didn't want to give the impression after only changing one of four control arms that it now handled like a sports car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back