Home Theater Progress, finally! LOL

Nope, I understand all to well. Years ago when my grandfather died he left me his Infinity IRS-V's and McIntosh amps for them. I was beyond happy (not about his death) because they were simply perfect speakers. They would blow your hair back and the sound.... the sound could bring tears to your eyes. I loved them and was dating this chick who brought her son over that was 5 years old and just a little turd. I was out grilling his hot dogs (wouldnt eat the expensive ass lasagna I made) and this little bastage sticks a butter knife into three titanium mids and two tweeters. :mad: I broke up with the mother and told her go buy him a hot dog at the gas station. :lol:

These are not mine but same ones. I sold them and bought a Vette and a down payment on my condo in Maui. :D
billhero1.jpg

Transformers 2 on BluRay is SICK!!
Everybody that comes over (guys-that is) has to come into my office and watch Transformers on my H/K JBL 7.1 system. I agree. You haven't seen a movie until you see something like Transformers and a 400 watt Sub thumps you in the ass while the Robot blows up military aircraft.

My favorite part is the beginning with the copter coming to the Base. You can actually feel the rotor-blades of the copter. Awesome every time.

what was the total cost on the equipment? i spent about 1300 on a yamaha receiver and a 5 speaker klipsch setup.. the sub is 200 watt i think.. the sound is amazing especially considering how small the speakers are,. the sound is so clear its unbelievable.. i will never ever buy a surround sound system that comes prpackaged in a box ever again.. to me i spent very little considering the quality i got.. but im sure yours is way more expensive, hell the speakers look like art lol

what was the total cost on the equipment? i spent about 1300 on a yamaha receiver and a 5 speaker klipsch setup.. the sub is 200 watt i think.. the sound is amazing especially considering how small the speakers are,. the sound is so clear its unbelievable.. i will never ever buy a surround sound system that comes prpackaged in a box ever again.. to me i spent very little considering the quality i got.. but im sure yours is way more expensive, hell the speakers look like art lol

The 8 JBL Studio L's I got are normally full retail over 5k. I got them from the Harmon Kardon EBay Store refurbed with factory warranty for a little over $1700.00shipped.

The PS3 160gb was $320.00 shipped with game.

The tv was $1490.00 shipped.

250 ft 12 ga wire was $60.00 shipped.

Rear speaker brackets were $80.00 shipped (and amazing).

Two Tripplite's to plug into $105.00 shipped.

Reciever hurt the most, was $2499.00 retail, got it for $1460.00 shipped (ITS SICK!).

The romote would hurt but I got such a slammin deal I still can't believe it it's the Universal Remote Corp. MX 3000 touch screen with an MR-250 for under $400.00 shipped for BOTH!! NEW too!!

I did it all for a tick over 5k total. Including wiring and new wall. (I did 90% of the labor).

Last edited:
sounds like somme good deals.. when my house is sold im going new construction and will def be getting a kick ass system.. then i can dedicate the current system to the bedroom.. im going to purchase the samsung 55 led here real soon and although projection seems like a good idea i like how sharp and bright the LED tvs are compared to projectors.. unless of course im blinded by ignorance on the subject.. can projection surpass LED technology as far as picture quality is concerned ?

It can and cant. Its so room particular. You have to have it DARK! Unless you spend BIG loot and get a high contrast screen. I have seen the latest Sony 3 Chip SXRD and it is UNREAL!! But also 10k!!!

Go Big or Go Home.
Light control is important but alot of new projectors are coming with 2500+ lumens so it is not as critical anymore. You don't have to sit in a cave but dimming the lights helps.

Disclaimer: Not my ScreenShots

Go4.jpg

Go2.jpg

Go1.jpg

Go5.jpg

Geno,

Your speakers would look awesome in this setup.
Backlit Acoustically Transparent Screen with Sound absorption.
That is the actual screen you are looking through. (Not mine).

Go7.jpg

I dont have a good surround system now and if I said what it was composed of you guys would laugh me out of here but I love my TV! Its a 56" LG Plasma 1080p and with a Blue Ray movie its just killer!

Well done sir...

I like the JBL Studio's and haven't heard them in a while... Road Trip?

I have Custom Built B&W's, 2 10's on both side of the couch, and a yamaha z1. I am looking at the Z11 as we speak :)

The TV is the missing link. I have a :q:q:q:q DLP but I am looking at the 58" Panasonic V10 or the Sam PN58b860... Both are UNREAL!

Oh have you heard the Klipsch THX home theatres? They are UNREAL! The imaging is redonkulous and the dialouge in immaculate as well as the deep response... I drool...

One day I will have a dedicated home theatre room... One day

and RF is a hooker... plain and simple :p

Well done sir...

I like the JBL Studio's and haven't heard them in a while... Road Trip?

I have Custom Built B&W's, 2 10's on both side of the couch, and a yamaha z1. I am looking at the Z11 as we speak :)

The TV is the missing link. I have a :q:q:q:q DLP but I am looking at the 58" Panasonic V10 or the Sam PN58b860... Both are UNREAL!

Oh have you heard the Klipsch THX home theatres? They are UNREAL! The imaging is redonkulous and the dialouge in immaculate as well as the deep response... I drool...

One day I will have a dedicated home theatre room... One day

and RF is a hooker... plain and simple :p

i have the klipsch speakers and they are super clear, un real sound.. great speakers at a great price

I have a magnavox surround system I bought for $148 from walmart lol. I can't have anything nice right now. I have a 2 year old son who loves to demolish everything in sight.

LSUNV2 what Klipsch system? I just bought the Sub 12 and am undecided on either the Quintet SL or some F2 Synergy towers and S1 satellites. Money is a factor buy I want something that will be with me for years to come.
Going with a Yamaha 7.1 reciever though pretty sure. After tax time I'll post some pics of my little set up. I built a tier for my secind row of seats (a full basement was a must on our secind house!) slowly but surely it's getting there!

LSUNV2 what Klipsch system? I just bought the Sub 12 and am undecided on either the Quintet SL or some F2 Synergy towers and S1 satellites. Money is a factor buy I want something that will be with me for years to come.
Going with a Yamaha 7.1 reciever though pretty sure. After tax time I'll post some pics of my little set up. I built a tier for my secind row of seats (a full basement was a must on our secind house!) slowly but surely it's getting there!

i have the quintet system and it surpassed my expectations.. i didnt get the 7.1 receiver tho.. i figured that i didnt want all those speakers everywhere but when i get a stand alone theatre room i will, you wont be disappointed with the quintet system.. they are small and out of the way and pack great sound honestly the imaging is amazing i watched the watchman and was blown away, also have the 12 inch sub

Go Big or Go Home.
Light control is important but alot of new projectors are coming with 2500+ lumens so it is not as critical anymore. You don't have to sit in a cave but dimming the lights helps.

Disclaimer: Not my ScreenShots

Is that your set-up, if so I envy you, that is amazing.

LSUNV2 Quintet SL or Quintet III? Are the front 3 speakers bigger than the satellites (SL) or is the center channel the only one different (III)? Just wondering, I know they are both great systems. Also what size room are they in?

LSUNV2 Quintet SL or Quintet III? Are the front 3 speakers bigger than the satellites (SL) or is the center channel the only one different (III)? Just wondering, I know they are both great systems. Also what size room are they in?

ya i have 4 the same size and the center channel is rectangular

Is that your set-up, if so I envy you, that is amazing.

Not Mine. But I do wish! It's a guy called Sandman that gets all the credit.
He built an incredible room in his garage and did all the R&D to develop the acoustically transparent screen. He basically started off using an off-the-shelf material available at any Sunroom distributor.

He then further developed the concept with his own screen mesh and started a successful company called SMX.

I have a solid screen. I bought the mesh screen material and am in the process of building a false wall to mount to speakers and acoustical tiles to and then put the screen in front of it all with the backlighting. Similar but not exact to what he did below.

It can get pretty dicey building a frame to stretch the material. That is the only setback to a DIY installation. But there are several companies now selling turn-key screens including SMX.

The main advantage when shooting on a big screen is the ability to put the main channel in the center of the screen so the dialogue sounds like it is coming out of the actors mouth.

And the visuals. His setup is aesthetically crazy. I'll have something similar as soon as I receive my 3D projection system. Hopefully in time for the Super Bowl.:D

Here's another shot of it.

smx_acoustics_tiles_2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back