Home Theater Progress, finally! LOL

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got rid of the 1/2 wall this week and got the full wall with 20 inches added (had to get the side speakers further away from the rears) taped and rocked. We also hung the rear speaker brackets and the side speakers too.

Old wall.

oldwall.jpg

Man what a bitch fishing those walls for the speaker wire man!! SUCKED!

Heres the new wall and speakers test mounted

theater-1.jpg

theater-2.jpg

theater-3.jpg

theater-4.jpg

theater-5.jpg

theater-6.jpg

theater-7.jpg

theater-8.jpg

theater-9.jpg

Nice!

I hate tearing down stuff inside houses when you have to try and keep everything clean... what a pita...

Yeah the mess was a bitch but I kept it close and demoed slow. The speakers are the JBL Studio L series all the way around. Amazing sound and since I got them direct from Harmon/Kardon refurbed they were a killer deal.

LOL No that's Tom Rode of Thomas Rode Construction. He is a print customer of mine and did the whole job for x1000 business cards, and did it RIGHT, he is awesome.

Wow.... business cards are cheap as :q:q:q:q... unless you are doing them on really nice paper or they are stamped...

since I got them direct from Harmon/Kardon refurbed they were a killer deal.

That's where I bought my 2 - 5.1 and 1 - 7.1 HK receivers complete with JBL speakers and subwoofers. The 400 watt sub whoomps in the Theater Room. Awesome deals on new "refurbs".

Updates: Finally got the dammned Theater done. Well 98% done. Stil have to loom all the wires in the closet and clean them up and I have to program the new remote which is already a nightmare. Then I have to get a BT to IR converter for the PS3 and I am almost done. Just have to make some kind of cool rack for the DVD's that will fit in the closet. Check it out.

theater-19.jpg

theater-20.jpg

theater-22.jpg

theater-23.jpg

theater-24.jpg

theater-25.jpg

theater-26.jpg

theater-27.jpg

theater-28.jpg

theater-29.jpg

theater-30.jpg

Dude,

Your setup screams for an acoustically transparent screen and a 3D projector. You could easily shoot 108".

Remember, it is not a theater room unless you are projectin.:p

Or you could throw a cocktail table in there with a short throw projector and do some serious gaming.

lol @ the cat sitting in the same place.. before, during and after the construction..

black cats FTW!

Were not staying here more then a couiple of years so we decided not to do the projector. We had a Sony 1080p head and a high contrast 119 incher ready but the cost factor and the fact were moving in a few years killed that. The LG 120hz 55 inch is amazing. Looks small on the wall but at night its great.

Love those speakers, heard them a couple years ago and the sound was spectacular! Your seating arrangement seems weird though. I would have the couch facing the TV/main speakers but thats just me with my immaging issues. :p

I find it hilarious that during the construction and in the final pics that the cat is in the same exact spot! :lol:

Love those speakers, heard them a couple years ago and the sound was spectacular! Your seating arrangement seems weird though. I would have the couch facing the TV/main speakers but thats just me with my immaging issues. :p

I find it hilarious that during the construction and in the final pics that the cat is in the same exact spot! :lol:

Its a 16 foot Natuzzi that is angled. The seating is actually awesome and 70% of the couch is facing the TV. We have to get a kidney shaped table made now and this room will be done. These speakers are amazing and the price I got them for makes them sound even better! LOL!

new-furniture-12.jpg

looks awesome!!!!!! love the blues brothers pic too....

Thanks man. You have to come by and HEAR it. It's mind bending. Transformers 2 on BluRay is SICK!! Music sounds like a night club and the clarity is insane!! We still have to do the T/A parts, call me. The BB poster the Wife picked out. Great choice and one of my favorite movies too.

Oh, I see. The other pictures had me thinking the couch was different. :lol: That works killer. Now, who teh hell went poking the dust caps on the left speaker? :(

Oh man do not even get me started on that one!! 1st I have new dust caps coming from JBL thank goodness but the Wife had a Baby Shower and some friends over with their Kids and need I say more?

Members online

No members online now.
Back