Holy Carp, Batman!

kaha

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this has already been posted here ad nauseum, but this clip blew me away. It's a 10 second black LSC coming outta the hole like an avenging angel and totally skanking some kid in a Nissan 370Z.
I showed it to a coupla guys at work who rib me sometimes about driving "an old man car" (the other quit after I took him for a ride to get lunch, and I think i scared him), and their jaws literally dropped and they hollered HOLY FOK in unison.

Nissan 370Z vs Mark VIII LSC - YouTube

Is this a member's car? This is just beautiful. Ya just *know* that halfway down the track the Mark driver was grinning and going "Suck it, rice-boy."

Anyway, thought I'd share. Enjoy. :D

Yes its been posted many time before. Many times by myself so trust me there is nothing to be sorry about. Always a pleasure to see it again. His run there would have been faster but he was manualy shifting it and hit the rev limiter.

Cool, I won't feel bad about posting it then :D

But seriously, HOLY FOK... what's this guy running? Doubt that's a 4.6 in that beauty.

A 4.6... aw man, I'm just in awe.

That is one freakin awesome ride right there. Went to the thread ya posted (thanks!) and printed out his mod list to show the guys at work. Then I'm watching that clip again, gives me wood. :lol:

Sweet car but still don't know how he makes track runs with out proper safety ie roll bar. I would be kicked out lickity split at those speeds.

Tracks here in MN will give you the boot on the second pass you do without the proper gear.
Test and tune nights are free game on the runs.

Totally thought I was goin to open this thread and see...

1307487609-22.jpg

Yup. 4.6 Be amazed. And he ran the 10.64@128 on a stock 98 transmission with a JMOD and 94K miles. From the looks of it, his car hits 60 mph in just about 3 seconds flat. As seen in the thread, his 60' times are 1.5s That alone says fast car LOL The next time that car sees the track, the tires are coming off the ground at the tree.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/1998-lincoln-mark-viii-1064-128-mph-14-mile-i_712778.htm

Do you know something that some of us don't? Has he changed the set up on his car since it last was at the track??

I still say he should go 9" with a trans brake..and shoot for 9s lol

Tracks here in MN will give you the boot on the second pass you do without the proper gear.
Test and tune nights are free game on the runs.

Wait till someone has an accident without proper NHRA/IHRA saftey and they get their butts sued off. Another track to close.

Do you know something that some of us don't? Has he changed the set up on his car since it last was at the track??

I still say he should go 9" with a trans brake..and shoot for 9s lol

yeah. didn't you read that thread i posted?

His car will be back on the road shortly . We are pretty much done installing 5.1 stroker engine with F1A procharger and TH400 trans into Mike's 98 LSC , we're just praying for IRS to stay together. it came of out my 03 Cobra

Derek's 2003 Cobra - F1A Procharger , E85 fuel - YouTube

oh yeah, i completly forgot about that little update from the end of last year.

oh yeah, i completly forgot about that little update from the end of last year.

Yup. THAT may lift the front tires. I don't expect him to run 10s anymore with that setup. He'll likely be in single digits. An F1A is a monster blower. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. A straight axle might be in his future. Oh how I wish. :eek::cool:

Yup. THAT may lift the front tires. I don't expect him to run 10s anymore with that setup. He'll likely be in single digits. An F1A is a monster blower. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. A straight axle might be in his future. Oh how I wish. :eek::cool:

You're tires look like they get some good air on launch. Any daylight?

You're tires look like they get some good air on launch. Any daylight?

The suspension lifts a whole lot easier on these cars than the whole front end. The suspension will travel to pretty much full extension but then I'm now left with the weight of the front end. It's deceiving to the eye. My car is light years away from lifting the front tires. These cars need to probably be in 9 second category to lift the tires. Either that or some mad torque off the line, and any car that has enough torque to do that will likely not hold together at the IRS.

Either that or some mad torque off the line, and any car that has enough torque to do that will likely not hold together at the IRS.

I know at least one IRS-equipped full weight T-bird that regularly lifts the front tires at launch. I'm pretty sure he's within 100 lbs of the weight of my car. But I'm also pretty sure he has a fair bit more HP as well. ;)

Members online

Back