HID Conversion and glare?

Kumba

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Will the HID conversion result in a ton of glare from the stock halogen housings? Are the housings the same, just the bulb+ballast difference?

Reason I ask, is I hate all the crappy ricer HID conversions that blind me at night. Last thing I want to be is another one of them.

And for the loaded question, any recommendations on a good quality 6K kit?

ddmtuning.com seems to be reputable around here.

Yes, you will get plenty of glare using HID bulbs in the halogen housing, even though most folks do not like to admit that or do not realize it.

DDM tuning is good plus they have the slim kit again. Your gonna have some glare.

Yo ah gots some 25K HIDs in muh LS. dey is bananas all da beotches love dem word! PURPLE POWER

Ugh, time to notify the mods again. Looks like we need to start doing ip bans.

EDIT: nvm. Figured out how to put someone on ignore.

Will the HID conversion result in a ton of glare from the stock halogen housings? Are the housings the same, just the bulb+ballast difference?

Reason I ask, is I hate all the crappy ricer HID conversions that blind me at night. Last thing I want to be is another one of them.

And for the loaded question, any recommendations on a good quality 6K kit?

Yes.
The HID housings have different reflectors inside than the halogen housings do. I have a set of each.

Go to view someone's public profile. click the drop down menu "user lists" and select "add to ignore list":

ignore.jpg

Thanx for the tip pektel, you're the man! The ebonics were screwing me up!

only tip i can suggest for you OP is aim your headlights correctly. mine are aimed, when maybe 15ft to 20ft away, at a cars door above the middle, but not thru there glass. i still have nice visibility at night

Yo ah gots some 25K HIDs in muh LS. dey is bananas all da beotches love dem word! PURPLE POWER

:mad:
Really ? Really ???? I hear enough of that type of talk where im from. i can deal with a little bit of short term txt talk but thats really not necessary

DDM tuning is now shipping directly from overseas.. So you will receive them faster.. :cool:

UMMM...not at first. I've been waiting for my new slim kit for 2 weeks. ANyways, OP DDM and VVME are reputible HID retailers. You will never get a straight answer about glare in halogen housings, so just do what you want. I have never been flashed in my car or truck (projectors) with HIDs in halogen housings, and I have a fairly clean cutoff line.

I ordered mine on 3/7 and still no shipping information at all! Their website says they are shipping orders up to 3/14/11 but still no shipping info!

:mad:
Really ? Really ???? I hear enough of that type of talk where im from. i can deal with a little bit of short term txt talk but thats really not necessary

dude...don't quote this retard...I've had him on ignore for a week and everytime someone quotes him...

I have to read his stupid sh*t

Its much better on the other side of the windshield. Just keep your finger on trigger to flash your high beams back.

People will understand you are a class above them in the Lincoln. (Lol)

Members online

Back