Hi-po Mk8

classicmk8

LVC Member
Reaction score
WASSUP! I've been tryin' to do some things to my MK8,My "mechanic" said i should just drive it and that's it........I think he's wrong! Iwould like to do something about my overdrive, It seems to kill me gas-wise and driving1 it seems to make the car bog down. I want to put in the B&M shift improvement kit, cold -air intake box, new exhaust and tips plus hi-po chip..help please.

Last edited:
Your mechanic is right... If you can't afford gas for these beasts, you don't want to sink money into making it go fast(er). You understand that the more performance you squeeze out of a motor, the worse its' fuel economy, right? Relatively speaking, ofcourse.

Tell me, what do you think a shift kit will do, exactly?

Candid

Be advised i am an avid lincoln owner! i want my :q:q:q:q to be as nice as you guys Lincolns' Don't treat me like some bum! I've owned my car for five years and i've been looking for a place like this to give me ideas...your comments i appreciate...but keep the negative crap to yourself..p.s. Why did you fix yours up instead of giving it away? My car is all i've got! so be helpful OR BE GONE!

Be advised i am an avid lincoln owner!

Glad to hear it.

i want my :q:q:q:q to be as nice as you guys Lincolns'

Again, I'm glad you like to have a nice Lincoln. Nothing wrong with that. But there is a difference between a "nice" Lincoln and a FAST Lincoln.

Don't treat me like some bum!

Ok. I won't treat you like a bum. I'll just treat you like an idiot who failed the "basic written English" class. Fair enough?

I've owned my car for five years and i've been looking for a place like this to give me ideas...

That's what we're here for. To help each other out as much as we can. I GAVE you an idea. Just because YOU don't like the idea, it doesn't mean you have to get all pissy about it. Remember, it is YOU who asked for ideas.

your comments i appreciate...but keep the negative crap to yourself..

Ok. Again, I gave you a comment. And a question. Where was I being a jerk in telling you that if you can't afford the fuel on your Mark, you really shouldn't be looking into making it go faster? It's really, quite simple. Most go fast parts for the 4.6 are relatively expensive. You will NEVER recoup those costs in fuel savings. Well, ok... you might in another 5 to 10 years.

p.s. Why did you fix yours up instead of giving it away?

Um.. Lets see.. I know the answer to this one!... Oh yeah.. Because I CAN AFFORD TO "FIX" MINE UP! And I have enough left over to afford the gas for it, too.

My car is all i've got! so be helpful OR BE GONE!

All you've got? Damn... I'm not even going to touch that comment for fear my smart assed comments will make me die of laughter as I'm writing them.

Not going to comment on the spelling thing because i was writing out of anger, Let me re-phrase the question so that a "super-genius" like yourself can understand.....I have a 94' Lincoln mk8 that i would like to "fix up"..my budget is limited but for the right price i can afford parts for reasonable price. I would like to start with the exhaust and then add some parts to improve the motor. I bought the car with 78k miles and would like to make my every day driver into something nice...Any suggestions?

You can do some things on a budget over time, not all of us have Grumpy's money. :lol:

Look here for some ideas. It didn't come all at once and it's not done by any means.

But there is a difference between a "nice" Lincoln and a FAST Lincoln.

There is? :rolleyes:

Bingo...

Nevermind Grumpy... he is like that with all newbs

Good guy otherwise (oops did I say that out loud)

There is only one way to "hook" up a car... ALL AT ONCE!!! HAHAHAHAH

Ask geno...

Of course there is always the possibilities of putting up a couple of bucks to help with the costs of the site, as there is a lot of useful info floating around here.

So not gonna have ANY of my project done that soon... If I am even in the states by then!

You can run my R6 if you want?

There are some smiple things you can do just to start...

But What do you want it to do...

Gears? Make it quicker off the line - drops your top end but you feel it down low. Cuts mpgs a little.

Exhaust? Might save you a few dollars at the gas pump. You gain a little hp nothing noticeable except the sound.

Air Intake? Again saves you a few dollars at the gas pump. Again little hp gain..

Better Plug wires?

None of the above will cost you much... Geno does carry much of this at LMS.

Don't worry about Frogman... his bark is worse than his bite... he's actually a nice guy after he's done making you feel bad for posting as a n00b. We are sending him to Debi for a round of Hottie fun LOL....

Performance chip and true dual 2.5 exhaust.
Two easiest and most cost efficient things I can think of.

Dont let the frog bother you he has alot lot of experience with our cars, he will be very helpful to you in the future.

For shift kits you could do a transgo shift kit, the B&M ones aren't all that good... Bauman is a good one also.

You want to get rid of OD...? OK than...

I seriously DOUBT that YOU'VE had the car for 5 years, seems like your parents might have...

You can't stand the gas prices right now, yet you want to mod it? Just wow...

Rember - driving a vehicle is a privalige - NOT A RIGHT!!!

(I don't care about my spelling)

I want a 5000hp car that I can use as a daily with a 100 gallon tank that goes 6's but I only have to fill up once a year cause it get a BILLION miles to the gallon and only cost me 14.99

And go....

Do free mods at first If your on a tight budget
remove air silencors on intake tube
gut out the air box to the maf, buy a maf adapter and throw on a conical
Cut mufflers out and throw tips in there place,"poor mans exhuast" everyone I know loves the sound and it cost me 40 bucks for pair of tips and labor
Everything so far will cost u under 100 bucks and youll free up some ponies and mpg.
From there upgrade your plug wires get a set of msd or nology wires, msd only makes the 8.5 mm super conducters for are car they also cost less then motorcrafts that are just factory wires
One of the most important mods u could do is maintnance, synthetic fluids, oil, tranny, rearend.
New spark plugs and before that do a seafoam treatment.
I about listed everything at a low budget u could do to have your car running alot better then it does now with little bit more hp and mpg

I want a 5000hp car that I can use as a daily with a 100 gallon tank that goes 6's but I only have to fill up once a year cause it get a BILLION miles to the gallon and only cost me 14.99

And go....

Don't we all :shifty:

Members online

Back