Help!!!!!

paul van

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 97 mark. The car wont start. I have no power at the fuel pump. I checked the fuse and relay. The fuse is good and the relay clicks. I have a strange clicking coming from the drivers side engine bay. I cant seem to track it down. Has anyone ever had this problem? Please help.

nope. no one has ever had that problem before. ever. no where.

you actually checked for power at the pump then?
not just the pump won't run.

i vote dead vrcm vcrm whatever its called. i think that controls the fuel pump.
or dead fpdm. or bad wiring.

search time.

nope. no one has ever had that problem before. ever. no where.

you actually checked for power at the pump then?
not just the pump won't run.

i vote dead vrcm vcrm whatever its called. i think that controls the fuel pump.
or dead fpdm. or bad wiring.

search time.

Yes I checked for power. I also checked the fuel pump kill switch in the trunk. With the key in the on position, there is a strange ticking from the drivers side.

My vcrm fried on me in the drive thru at chikfila. Like up by radiator on pass side I believe head to a jy.

And be glad the plug hasn't melted to the actual unit. Mechs charge out the ass fr wiring.

There is no power to the pump, it runs for a short while when the key is turned then kills it if the engine does not fire up. So how exactly are you checking it for power? Long leads or a helper? Just want to make sure its being tested right!

Also, hit the inertia switch to pop it, then reset again. Just to be sure! Been there before.

There is no power to the pump, it runs for a short while when the key is turned then kills it if the engine does not fire up. So how exactly are you checking it for power? Long leads or a helper? Just want to make sure its being tested right!

Also, hit the inertia switch to pop it, then reset again. Just to be sure! Been there before.

I was at Pauls house helping him. I checked it while he turned the key on and off. Nothing. Yes, I popped the switch a couple times. That did not help. Iam leaning toward the vcrm. We will have to check that next. We just dont understand the clicking coming from the drivers side engine bay!

On Gen 2's, there is a box in the trunk located by the passengers side trunk lid hinge. Move the trunk lining out of the way and you will see it. This box is what gives power to the fuel pump. I bet it is fried. Go to the junkyard and get another one. It will start right up.

rick- ur a smart mofo .....lmao hes right my new mark did that and i pullone and it started right up

Any fpdm from a mustang thru 04 for sure will work. The only thing they changed was the bracket that holds it on.

On Gen 2's, there is a box in the trunk located by the passengers side trunk lid hinge. Move the trunk lining out of the way and you will see it. This box is what gives power to the fuel pump. I bet it is fried. Go to the junkyard and get another one. It will start right up.

Alright I'll give this a shot first thanks, but I have to ask I drove the car home frm Texas no problems got home went out an hour later and the car wouldn't start but along with that it started making a noise in the engine bay sounds like the drivers side fender well it a ticking almost like a circut breaker popping on and off does anyone have a guess at what that might be or is that caused by the fuel pump driver

rick- ur a smart mofo .....lmao hes right my new mark did that and i pullone and it started right up

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder how he knew that, maybe because thats what i told him on that green :q:q:q:q box he bought from bodybyass.

You my friend are the man pulled the fpdm off my 98 plugged it in and fired right up, thanks for all the replies guys well least I won't have to worry about the fuel pump for a while lol, trip to the salvage yard tomarrow the have a 98 in a u-pull it yard see what's left on it

Members online

No members online now.
Back