Help with Tail Lights

05LincolnLs05

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to re-tint my tails… but this time permanently … but I’m having difficulty taken the clamp off shown in the pic….
clamp.jpg

It’s not lifting any higher than this..
CIMG2994.jpg

And yes I unscrew the 3 screws that were on the sides…
CIMG2999.jpg

Help….!

Press it closed with pliers and pull out.

What they said, and are you wearing mittens? Those things look hot, like make your hands sweat hot...

I believe there are two clamps on the reflectors. That's why they are not coming off.

EDIT: Never mind, just checked the extra set i have and there is only one.

I believe there are two clamps on the reflectors. That's why they are not coming off.

EDIT: Never mind, just checked the extra set i have and there is only one.

On the Gen I there is 2. Upper and lower. And if you have 05 Gen II then only one like you said :p

Thanks Alax7…I felt kinda silly when they pop right off…lol…And yes those where the only gloves I could find .. those black cap screw things that hold the trunk coverings up..cut right through a couple of my fingers so I needed something thick to maintain the rest lol …
Old vinyl tint… which didn’t last long started 2 peal ….

downsized_0806001430.jpg

Prep..

CIMG3001.jpg

End result … It came out well… looks like a pro did it lol..

CIMG3011.jpg

CIMG3028.jpg

Thanks guys…

anybody tinted theirs lightly? most i see are pretty dark. I was thinking about doing just a light coat.

Looks great!! I have a the same color LS as you and I wasn't sure how it would look. Now I know what I will do this weekend. :)

thanks seekonkholen1..

more pics please.... you sand and clear coat?

I’ll post more pic’s of the Sbullet in the sun tomorrow…And yes I did 5 coats of clear, 3 coats of VHT Nite Shade. Used a 2000grit sandpaper…. Sanded before spray…. Sanded after clear coat…. And used a microfiber cloth and applied 8 application of Meguiar’s scratch x to bring that shine….. I basically followed this guy’s instructions step by step
http://youtu.be/-8-hZP6-ZY8

CIMG3066.jpg

CIMG3063.jpg

CIMG3047.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back