Help me please?

Can someone please help me locate this part on Tasca's website.
Either it's not available or um nit looking in the right place?

I can find it at Ford Parts Giant, but they show it as discontinued (just as Tasca shows the switch as discontinued.)
http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partlist/console-overhead~2002-lincoln-ls-1952285-1953491-1592424.html

480957143.jpg

what are you offering? $$ can persuade me to go hunting in my local parts yards...

Dude, seriously, you can't add a dab of glue to that ?

20130317_163044_zps2237da16.jpg

Do you have the loose part of the switch ? JB weld fixes everything!

I would have put glue but i dont have that broken piece the car like that when i bought it.
Im just trying to restore my ls Luckily my local dealer has a few lse parts in stock ;-)

Wow, totally spoonfed and still doesn't buy one...

Christ Op, you signature is longer than any of your posts, how old are you anyways?

Spoonfed? Wtf is that?
Dude where im from very few people are spoonfed.
Im a 26 year old single parent of four beautiful children who works full time and then some. Most times just to make ends meet. So sir i do not understand where this spoonfed comment you make is coming from?
I unlike you cannot simply bust out $90 for a switch.

I don't think anyone here would want to pay 90$ for a little Fn switch when we can salvage parts all over, at least as much as we can.

I myself have a small collection of those heated seat switches and it still didn't solve my problem.

look around for someone parting out an LS and email them about that switch.
I'd honestly say a salvage yard would be your best bet on that one.

ebay is full of salvage yards pimping LS parts, just cause you don't see your switch listed what you do is look for an ad where someone is listing other parts but have pics of the interior and you private email the seller and ask them if they have the interior part you need.

Look on your door sticker. It is the two character code under "INT TR"

Spoonfed? Wtf is that? ... I unlike you cannot simply bust out $90 for a switch.

Dude, let me see if I can help you find one, no promises.

1) Like Joe suggested, what is the interior trim code listed on the label inside the door ?

2) it looks like mine, Trim Code: 4W, charcoal midnight gray or something to that effect ? Trim Code: 4W ?

----EDIT: make that midnight black = 4W

@956LS8, what is the trim code on yours ?

Spoonfed? Wtf is that?
Dude where im from very few people are spoonfed.
Im a 26 year old single parent of four beautiful children who works full time and then some. Most times just to make ends meet. So sir i do not understand where this spoonfed comment you make is coming from?
I unlike you cannot simply bust out $90 for a switch.

Spoonfed, you come on here asking for help looking for a part you are too lazy to even describe in your 'help me please' opening post. You are posting it from your phone and can't be bothered to post the picture so guys have to find your pic to figure out what you are talking about. Guys offer help but you still can't be bothered to get the part that they find online so you expect someone to go to a junkyard and find you one but you don't want to spend $50 to get the whole assy. off eBay.

26yo with 4 kids is about what I expected when I asked your age. Good luck with life, I hope you soon realize it's about more than Facebook and handouts.

I don't think anyone here would want to pay 90$ for a little Fn switch when we can salvage parts all over, at least as much as we can.

I myself have a small collection of those heated seat switches and it still didn't solve my problem.

look around for someone parting out an LS and email them about that switch.
I'd honestly say a salvage yard would be your best bet on that one.

ebay is full of salvage yards pimping LS parts, just cause you don't see your switch listed what you do is look for an ad where someone is listing other parts but have pics of the interior and you private email the seller and ask them if they have the interior part you need.

And that's what I did for my door courtesy light. When I was replacing the bulb, the back housing, gray in color, broke into pieces. The plastic is so old and becomes so brittle. I saw a listing on eBay with the whole door inside panel. I sent the seller a message if he got the courtesy light cover and housing. He replied and said yes, paid thru PayPal, and now got it in the house.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Take a chill pill dude. I post.from my phone cause i hardly have the time to sit in front of a pc. Besides the forum is for lincoln ls owners and enthusiast. Not for you to worry about my life dr. Phil. Do you have to switch im looking for if not then what are you doing in here?

Thanks guys I'll use your suggestions.

hehehe, Fn loving this sh*t tonight.

hey listen Bro, what's going on here with this black tape on your Coolant Outlet pipe ?

outlet.jpg

Please tell me you already addressed this situation, that Outlet pipe is brown in color, supposed to be black,
it's deteriorating and is about to spring a leak any day, surprised it's even holding anything back around that tape.

I don't know the full story on that but just wanted to let you know that it needs attention ASAP, if that's still the condition it's in to date.

The PVC cooling system parts including the degas bottle get brittle and weak as the GEN I ages past 10yrs old, she'd gonna spring a leak for sure.

Just hate to have you on the side of the road with an overheat issue whilst stranded with kids in the car.

If you haven't already, try and see if you can prep some OEM parts for this soon as possible.

not trying to talk you into something you don't need but I know better that the color on that whole outlet tube is a sign of old and weak PVC plastics.

10 bucks says it's pitted with blister marks on the inside of that pipe.

outlet.jpg

That part has since been replaced as well as the thermostat housing. I went oem on that tube and thanks to the guys who helped me when i was in that situation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back