Heater doesn't...

LV146

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My heater doesn't work...While reading up on the blend door problems, I read somewhere that if you can switch between defrost and the cabin, it's not the blend door. Is there any truth to this?. Is there any way to tell before I tear my dash apart?.

Thanks,
John

So while reading the hundreds of threads all stating no heat= blend door you decided to take what ONE WRONG person said about air flow and run with it?
Blend door has nothing to do with what vent the air is coming out of. Over half the threads will state this.

Blend door controls heat & cold (TEMPERATURE blend), not what holes the air comes out of.

I usually do the temporary fix around this season tying the gray arm down with tie straps...saves me the headache from tearing into the dash

Yes I am a NOOOB so...
"I read somewhere that if you can switch between defrost and the cabin, it's not the blend door. Is there any truth to this?." = WISHFUL THINKING

And no I don't need a" kick in the mouth".
It's a little far to drive to either Houston or South Carolina, otherwise I'd take you up on your offer.

But yeah, just to repeat for the eleventieth time, the sure fire way to know if it's the blend door is to unlatch the glove box door and let it hang, then find the gray lever partially obscured to the left of the glove box opening, and wiggle it. If you're able to move the gray arm at all then you have a bad blend door actuator.

Marcus, Thank you for repeating it one more time!!

I think my heater works intermittently, will look into it tomorrow to see it's a cracked heater house, bad heater core, or bad blend door. I think I need to get a Gen 2 soon. :D

Members online

Back