heat

lincolndude

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys still having heat problems with my mark.had the blend door checked,works fine,new radiator,new water pump.had the thermostat changed 2yrs ago,a friend of mine suggested the temp on the thermostat isnt high enough.that make sense to you guys? its a 97 base no mods

Does the temp gauge read 1/4 to 1/2 way at anytime? What temp is the thermostat?

Mine puts out good heat just as it's reaches the 1/4 or less mark. If you're running the defroster, you're also running the cooling fan right from the start. That's not going to help the engine warm up any where you live. If you let that car just set and idle for 5 min, it should be putting out some heat but do it without defrost on. Also, does the friend really know a lot about blend doors?

the temp gauge is all ways right smack in the middle,dont know the temp of the thermostat just ask the auto parts guy for a new one.it puts out heat for about 2 min then gets cool.if i turn it off wait a min and then turn it back on its hot again.and my friend has his blend door changed.

ok so your friend checked it that doesnt mean :q:q:q:q. why dont you go out to the car, drop the glove box down and see if you can move your blend door linkage at all, if it moves at all, your blend door is broken, and i put my money on it is broken, because everything else seems to work you just get no heat out the vents, which was the case to the 30 million that came to my shop with no heat, the blend door is a piece of :q:q:q:q, i replace them like i replace my underwear, at least once a week !!!

a friend of mine has a mark and he went under the dash to check it

hey guys still having heat problems with my mark.had the blend door checked,works fine,new radiator,new water pump.had the thermostat changed 2yrs ago,a friend of mine suggested the temp on the thermostat isnt high enough.that make sense to you guys? its a 97 base no mods

If it's the same friend that suggested the thermostat was the issue, you need to stop listening to him..... :p

exactly. chris i come up with better stuff i just cant post it here without it being yellow blocks.

lol u uys are too funny.I get heat but it only lasts about 2 minutes then goes cool not cold.

Do as Jamie said and pull the glovebox down and try to move the lever. I guaran-frakkin-tee you it's the blend door.

:lol: seriously, how do you come up with this stuff? its hilarious! :lol:

You should get around him in person. He is non stop, at work and at the mouth. It's a good thing yellow blocks didn't come out of his mouth while we were in the shop because there wouldn't have been anywhere to work at. They would have been falling out the big roll up door and putting dents in the cars parked outside.

I was wondering what that smell was when I got in the car and followed him to the shop. Now I know. :p

And yes, the blend door is broke.

Members online

Back