Headers

Ask if they can fab up an aluminum degas bottle.

thing is nobody really knows how much of a gain if any there will be with headers because they have yet to install a set. the same set has be sold around over and over.

i heard you say stainless works a couple of times that is a company that can do them to
and this might sound stupid but what is a degas bottle

how big of a notice would 30hp be that right there would bump up the 280hp to 310hp plus what ever the programmer will do how much does the programmer give and have the headers with the programmer give it a lil more then the header by them selfs

i heard you say stainless works a couple of times that is a company that can do them to
and this might sound stupid but what is a degas bottle

how big of a notice would 30hp be that right there would bump up the 280hp to 310hp plus what ever the programmer will do how much does the programmer give and have the headers with the programmer give it a lil more then the header by them selfs

Yes but that 310 would be at the crank.

A tune can give close to 20 hp at the wheels from what im seeing.

I think after intake, tune and exhuast at the wheels most get about 240hp-245hp.

And you can feel 30 hp quite a bit.

JOEYCHGO aka JOEY DE TOMASO - this ones for you brotha!:p

:Dtag! your it:shifty:

Why was that posted here?

Yes but that 310 would be at the crank.

A tune can give close to 20 hp at the wheels from what im seeing.

I think after intake, tune and exhuast at the wheels most get about 240hp-245hp.

And you can feel 30 hp quite a bit.

^
Agreed

so correct me if i wrong tune is about 20 to the wheel and the header say 30 at the crank so say 25 at the wheel just that would be anywhere from 45hp to the back tires.

about and the tune about 25 at the crank 45hp at the crank so on my car i would be looking at instead of a stock 280hp motor i would have about 325 that sound good i mean wouldnt sound good that would be a big notice right

Powertrain losses are substantial.. Your most likely not going to be 325 at the rear wheels.. I would say maybe at the crank you would be that and that is a big maybe.. I was thinking about 310 at the crank and about 290 or so to the rear wheels

i was thinking of putting a shift kit would that take away some of that like not take as much away from the crank hp

with the tuner, you can change your shift points and firmness so I wouldn't add a shift kit.. CAI will help out, but making it a ram air isn't adding anymore HP.. Just cooling the air down more..

so dont go with the shift kit

and i dont think it will be ram air cause the filter wont be in the engine bay so i shouldnt suck up any hot air from there all this sounds like is all trail and error stuff

you put a stall converter in ur car didnt you

It's a future mod.. Kinda get the main power taken care of.. That will be from the SC.. Then I will do the gears and locker.. Followed by the stall..

There are things that will get you a quicker quarter mile time that don't necessarily add HP.. Gears, Locker, and TC will shave like a sec or so off the time

If you search, you can find what your going to need..

But I'll be nice today..

Mark VIII center section
Gen 1 axles
Gears
LSD
Custom DS
Custom bracket

thats pretty much the same stuff cause i was looking under cobra irs and the mark Vlll is the same center section we on the right page just looking at it 2 different ways so even going with the mark 8 and cobra center section there will be some modification that still will have to be done

Performance mods are very limited with the LS.

Not saying dont bother but dont expect to run 12 seconds.

it be nice to have a 12 second car but i might get into to much trouble just want a sleeper something that is somewhat bad but looking at it you like ya ok that think run sure get what i mean

thats like my dakota it says v6 on it but you open up the hood and all you see is motor 500hp 454 weekend get away truck is quiet hearing it you wouldn't think it had anything big in it beside the lil loop you here but i heard a couple v6 with a lil loop

Members online

No members online now.
Back