Headers

chance70357

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a SCT Programmer from a SCT Dealer around here. While i was at there shop they started telling me about other stuff they can do. They also do machine work and make a lot of there parts. They can also make headers and i did ask about it for my 04 lsv8. They told me i could leave my car there for a couple days and they could make me a set of long tube headers. Plain headers that you have to paint would be about 500-600 bucks. And they could also make a set of stainless steel pair for 600-700 bucks. And if y'all think its good let me know who all wants one and what kind and i can ask them when i go Tuesday when i go if we could get it a lil cheaper if they have a couple of us that once a pair.

My ? is do y'all think it would be worth that our what. They can also make a throttle body spacer for about 100 bucks.

Tuesday i am going pick up my program and they also gonna give me a price on a true cold air intake. He said something about getting the filter outside of the engine bay. So i can let y'all know about that one Tuesday night.

Any input on anything. Any ideas y'all might have that i can ask them.

Pretty much all they need is someone that is willing to let them use there car to make the stuff off of like a donor car and i might be willing to let them if i get enough positive feed back.

I think the mark will be set at the 700 mark or even a bit higher.. Stainless Works already makes some.. That's wayy to steep for me to gain 30 HP..

Kowalski was having a hard time selling his so I think you are going to have a hard time getting people to commit.. For yourself, of course do it if you have the cash..

Throttle body spacer on this car won't help you much.. The throttle body is not the issue in these cars, it's more the exhaust and intake tubes..

May I add, southern much? :D

If you live in the south that fine.. But if you live like some of us in snowy environments, the salt from the road will chew that sh!t right off..

o I see what you talking about. I do live in the south thats why i never thought about that. I live on the bottom of Louisiana

I can tell.. ;) As you can probably tell I'm a redneck at times

My theory is to use at least the materials that were used at the factory.. The whole exhaust is stainless from the factory.. Like I said, it's your call.. If you get those, I would get them ceramic coated to help keep the heat in and protect the pipes.. But then again, your talking another 100 easily

the actual headers are only part of the cost...
+ new cats
+ exhaust work to fit the new length of the headers and new cats
+ O2 sensor extensions

they have a set of high flow cats i was gonna get they 80 bucks and they told me not to worry about the o2 sensor that they would take care of that if i got the let them use my car to make the headers cause if i under stood right they gonna use my car to make a jig which it a mold i think and they they was gonna make the set to put on the car and they was gonna run bigger pipe from the header and cat to the flowmaster that i had put on my car so i would have 2 1/2in from front to back

yea i just want to make sure cause i done stuff in the past with out thinking or talking about it just to turn around and bite me on the behind. I know headers r pricey i bought a set for my dakota that i put a 360 in and it cost me 600 bucks for a plain steel set and i still had to make it fit it was not a perfect set.

i figure if they charged me 550 i want to say he said and they gonna put them on right there i was coming out ahead cause i dont have to do anything then say about 200 with cats and new pipes so i spend around 700-750 and i dont have to touch anything that almost sound perfect. lol

i will cause thats the last thing that i need to happen
so the throttle body space wouldnt do any good at all

Without going to far in depth, colder air is more dense allowing better atomization of the fuel and increased power.. So yes a CAI would help.. The way I will do mine is route it down behind the bumper and put a K&N DryCharger 'sock' over the cone filter.. That keeps the water and bigger dirt particles off of the filter..

thats pretty much there idea to i so if not alot of money that would be a good thing to go with if they dont want alot

I can tell.. ;) As you can probably tell I'm a redneck at times

People in South Louisiana are not rednecks, they are koon a$$es

Chance: I use to live in LaPlace, so I know how it is. The headers will be worth about 30 hp, so you just need to weigh it out and figure if it's worth it or not.

yea u darn right and i proud to be a koon a$$ to lol but i just want to make sure it would be a good idea

yea but i trying to help everyone out tho i figure if i could get them made and have them make a couple so the ppl on here can have them to cause i know there is a few of y'all that wants some i read a few msg about ppl asking about them

If you could get the stainless for 700 shipped you would have a market.. But beyond that, most would go for the Stainless Works.. IMO of course

Members online

No members online now.
Back