Headers, throttle body and cams discussion

Any updates here?

My twin 55mm throttle body idea is still in the works, the LS is off the road now so I can tear it down for the winter and not worry about anything. Never got a chance to get to Stainless Works in Ohio, moved sooner than I expected plus they suck at communicating. I think Im going to order them over the winter anyways. If they dont fit Ill modify them since theyre made for the 3.9 anyways, cant be too far off.

Here's a stock Gen1...

CIMG0019.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

So bigger TB will result on what exactly ?? I though the biggest (the vacuum can handle) the better..

It has alot to do with engine needs, intake manifold design and intake track design. You want to allow as much air in as the engine can pull, but at the fastest velocity you can get. velocity helps torque. otherwise ever car would just have a big TB on it, and manage the plate with a progressive linkage.

2 1/4" seems small?

$730 + cats + re-working the exhaust (welding / tubing) - right?

2 1/4" seems small?

$730 + cats + re-working the exhaust (welding / tubing) - right?

Im still running 2 1/4 from the cats back, and Im emmissions exempt so I wouldnt be buying another pair and my current exhaust was done by myself so I think I could tackle it again. I think I would do 2 1/4 about a third of the way down the car into my SLP's then 2 1/2 with the X-pipe right after and 2 1/2 out the back. I dont like losing torque and I presume thats why they chose to stay with 2 1/4 collectors.

You can buy them sans collectors direct from the manufacturer. Already talked it over with them, or just have someone weld them. :rolleyes:

You can buy them sans collectors direct from the manufacturer. Already talked it over with them, or just have someone weld them. :rolleyes:

That all depends on the reason for slip-fit in the first place. My Mustang driver's side header's primaries wrapped around the steering shaft so welding was not an option. Lesson learned. Welding may be an option but it may not. I haven't seen them or their routing to see what's in the way but maybe you have.

Search for a thread named Droool in the regular LS forum, has a picture of one of the headers in question. Also, there is another thread that has a picture of them mounted on a T-Bird and they dont seem to be wrapped around anything.

Search for 'Droool' doesn't seem to show any header pictures. Shows some 'VIII' links and your post. Because I've had some discussion with 'Mad Dog', I'm particularly interested in what may be out there. Thanx!
KS

I have a V6 and plan on adding a TB Spacer and boring out the TB

How thick of a TB spacer do you think I should do?
1", 1 1/2" or 2"

Members online

Back