Headers, throttle body and cams discussion

Alright Im opening this discussion to hopefully get some knowledge and maybe get some kind of performance outta this efficient engine. This is open to all thoughts and comments as long as they stay on topic. I want it to be a sticky if anything does come of it but who knows maybe my hopes and dreams will be smashed by Ford's engineers.

First off on the list: Headers, I know theres been discussion of them and how they would be worth it and blah blah theyd cost so much to get some made, well what if I wanted to weld some up myself. Its a DIYer job, thats why summit ect self weld up header kits. Now I know they would be cramped in there, Im thinking shorties 1 1/2 or 1 5/8in primaries or maybe a Tri-Y design.

Throttle bodies: Gen1 guys you got it pretty easy considering your not drive by wire, myself on the other hand, Im looking into possibly a Mustang twinblade drive by wire unit? I have yet to look at one but I can tomorrow at work to see if connectors ect are interchangable. If not and there is no other replacement what about boring or porting and polishing the throttle body? I believe Sully said he had ported and polished his along with the intake manifold so this is an addition already. Do we know how far it can be bored out ect tho? What were the effects both positive and negative.

Cams: Now cams are pretty series and not for the everyday Joe, I dont even wanna tackle something as big as this to be honest, someone with mroe experience tho why not. Ive read that atleast one or two of you on the boards have reground cams. Do we have any before and after specs? What was the movement of the powerband in relation to said cam swap? Prices and who did them? Was there a before and after dyno or track run to see if there was a gain in HP/TQ or loss in HP/TQ? Drivebility issues i.e. vaccum loss? ECM issues?

Everything that can be done to any other small block ford/chevy can be done to our engine, its just not off the shelf is all. Id like to see some more involvement in this thread and the LS Performance section all together other than is ther a supercharger/turbo for my LS??? Im currently thumbing over information because I plan on custom mounting an M90 to my 3.9 just as Quik did and hes teaching me a lot so why not let everybody else learn too as we find these thigns out.. Tomorrow Ill have a yes or no on if the connectors from the Mustant GT throttle body are the same or look close enough to fit..

Lets get this thread rolling guys, my LS has the luxury but not so much the sport and I plan on fixing that. :D

Nice idea bro. How about putting some gauge mods.

Members online

No members online now.
Back