Have u ever ??

Jarett Wright

LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking to do a few things to the ls, just wanted to see if there are any pics around to view first ?? I want to lightly tint the headlights and want to black out my lower grill on a gen 2 looking for pics of headlights only as I've seen the grill, now is the bumper and lower grill one or two piece ?? Thanks y'all !

image.jpg

that looks good man , I just dipped my my lower grill, it was black anyway but it covered the scratches well, also the grill should be colored matched :)

20140326_174658.jpg

20140326_161754.jpg

Besides the indicator of the windshield washer sprayers on the 1st GEN hood, are there any other differences?
Is the hood contour the same or different ?

Damn, really would like to see my own 1st GEN directly beside a 2nd GEN and compare everything (one of these days).

Right but the Grilles are interchangeable between all GENs I thought.
... but yeah, 1st GEN grille for sure.

Right but the Grilles are interchangeable between all GENs I thought.

yes sir, I had a painted 2nd gen LSE grille on my 2000 (actually its the only thing that survived it getting totaled out and was repainted for my 03!)

Damn, really would like to see my own 1st GEN directly beside a 2nd GEN and compare everything (one of these days).

I see that every day!!!!!

Bumpers, headlights, fog/driving lights, deck lid, license plate surround, tail lights, keypad, blacked-out window trim (sport only), HVBL and the back-up sensors. That's just the outside. The interiors are quite different.

The hood was on it when I bought the car didn't realize it was a gen 1 till it was to late, how did u guys notice so quick? But I'm thinking of doing a light tint on the headlights to hide the cloudiness on the inside lens, anyone ever tried it ?

Not sure I could disassemble the headlight myself, I tried the buff of the outside lens but still not clear enough to match the passenger side, also anyone know of a cheap gen 2 grill for sale ? I'm looking painted to match would be nice code F6 let me know

I will get some shots of my headlight tint. I owe this forum a lot of photos. I finally moved and got settled in this last week. Photos incoming!

No wear. The only thing is the black spots you see on front bumper from interstate driving. Specifically, a construction truck I was following lost a bunch of rocks and chipped the dip up on the bumper, hood, and put a pit into my windshield. I can smooth these areas out to be less noticeable with thinner, though. Also the dip was only thing damaged, the paint underneath was protected.

The color I have does not fade. The only colors that fade are the flourescent ones.

Members online

Back