has anyone got the rev limiter off?

zachg2001

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
my guy hammered at it for about an hour it wouldnt shut off and it rejected the traction control disable SCT2

yeah my rev limiter was off, but i set it back to 4k. why would you want to over rev in park or neutral anyways?

and the button on your center console, right next to the shifter, disables traction control.

my guy hammered at it for about an hour it wouldnt shut off and it rejected the traction control disable SCT2

maybe you need a new guy? lolz

who is tuning it?

what PCM code are you working with.

and the button on your center console, right next to the shifter, disables traction control.

Supposedly not if you have Advancetrac. (In that case, it disables advancetrac, but not traction control. I have Advancetrac, but I haven't tried this.)

yeah my rev limiter was off, but i set it back to 4k. why would you want to over rev in park or neutral anyways?

in your miserable attempt at humor (LMAO) you inadvertantly probably pointed out the entire issue in a nutshell, and if you and I am correct..the OP definatley needs to find a "new guy".

he hammered at the rev limiter, and when he revved it, the neutral rev limiter was coming into play...

that is the problem with the "value file adding" tuners out there, they simply cannot look beyond the value file..and actually TUNE the car.

Supposedly not if you have Advancetrac. (In that case, it disables advancetrac, but not traction control. I have Advancetrac, but I haven't tried this.)

i have advancetrac too. I turn it off while in town. It seems to turn off everything that is a disadvantage (I hate when on a steep incline, advancetrac kicks on, and leaves me sitting in the middle of the hill, and have to back down.)

There may be something else to traction control that stays on though.

Pete, you don't have advancetrac with your gen 1. We only have Traction control. Unless you somehow added advancetrac?

Yes, I do have advancetrac. I just ran out to the car in -10 degree weather to take these 3 pics for you:

advancetrac1.gif

advancetrac2.gif

advancetrac3.gif

booyah!

Oh yeah? Well your gauge overlay isn't centered on your speedometer needle motor thingy....booyah!!!

Hmmm? Was that an option or did it come standard on the sport models? My non-sport doesn't have that. :confused:

Oh yeah? Well your gauge overlay isn't centered on your speedometer needle motor thingy....booyah!!!

Hmmm? Was that an option or did it come standard on the sport models? My non-sport doesn't have that. :confused:

Yeah I know it ain't centered quite right. But dammit, that was such a bitch of a job, I'm not tearing into it again just to move it a little :D

As far as the advancetrac, I don't know if it was a sport only thing, or if it was just an upgrade available from the factory.

Yeah I know it ain't centered quite right. But dammit, that was such a bitch of a job, I'm not tearing into it again just to move it a little :D

As far as the advancetrac, I don't know if it was a sport only thing, or if it was just an upgrade available from the factory.

Advancetrac was an option for either gen I or gen II. If you didn't order the Advancetrac option, then you got traction control instead.

The service manual describes a two step deactivation. Press the button once to disable Advancetrac, but keep traction control. Press and hold the button a few seconds to disable traction control. I tried this on my cars, and they didn't work that way at all. All I got was an Advancetrac off message either way. I didn't test to see if traction control was still active or not.

Yeah I tried de-activating it the way joeg just said on a gen 2 I test drove and it wouldn't completely shut off.

But I did anyways. So there! And I'll bet I've fixed waaaaay more broken things on my LS than yours :p ..... oh wait that's not a good thing :(

TC was standard - AT was an option.

:repeated: sorry - too slow typing...

That was my doing since I needed to enlarge the holes to fit it onto the GenII cluster. :D

That job does suck, BTW. I had to yank that all out just to remove the white face overlays I put in it before I traded it in. Ugh. Never again. lol

I have a Gen2 and I'm pretty sure when I press the Advance Trac button it turns everything off...

I have a Gen2 and I'm pretty sure when I press the Advance Trac button it turns everything off...

2nd Gen Owners Manual:

"Pressing the control once will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and the engine power reduction portion of the traction
enhancement feature; the brake portion of the traction enhancement
feature will still function normally. Pressing and holding the control for
more than five seconds will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and traction enhancement feature."

I tried that in my 03 and nothing ever popped up in the little message center saying that AdvanceTrac had been disabled. Does it just disable it without letting you know or should it say something? That was always something that confused me when I tried it after joegr brought that up a while back.

:confused:

I've done what the manual said too, holding for 5 seconds, it didn't give me any extra message, Just AdvanceTrac Off. If I turn it off, I can go spin donuts all day long and whatnot so I don't see what the brake portion of traction enhancement is doing, unless its broken....

Members online

Back