Hard Shift

Well, your three best guesses on the shifting would be the solenoid assembly, the valve body, and the PCM.
If they actually disassembled the valve body when the transmission was open, then you can eliminate that one. On the other hand, there's really no way to be sure on the solenoid assembly just by looking at it or even doing electrical tests.
The PCM can be ruled in or out with some simple tests. They need to measure the solenoid drive current and verify that it matches the current level that it was commanded to be during the testing. If they don't understand that or want to do that, then you can remove the PCM and ship it to SIA for testing/repair. (If you get it tested locally and it fails, you'll still have to ship it to SIA for repair.)
Lincoln LS ECM / ECU Repair & Return - SIA Electronics
This has worked out for several on here.

For the door lock, is it just the driver's door? - If so, then it's the DDM (Driver's door module) or more likely the door latch assembly.
If it's all doors, then probably the DDM.
If it's the three passenger doors only, then the DDM, the CAN wiring, or the REM, probably.

Ninecar, if you are willing to wait a few weeks, I will be replacing my solenoid pack. I am experiencing the same problem as you. I'll let you know if it fixes it.

... at the suggestion of a Ford mechanic family member, changed the throttle body and that made no difference.

They do seem to want to constantly change out the TB without much success. Must have over stock on them or something.

Ninecar, if you are willing to wait a few weeks, I will be replacing my solenoid pack. I am experiencing the same problem as you. I'll let you know if it fixes it.
Definitely let me know what that does for you, I may be waiting still anyways, and I'll fill you in if we find an answer!

They do seem to want to constantly change out the TB without much success. Must have over stock on them or something.

Yeah, I don't understand why that is their go to fix. Maybe it actually is a problem on some other models?

My dad is a Ford mechanic and the first suggestion he had was TB. Haha. Usually you can hook up live data to your tps and if the curve isn't spiking or bouncing then your throttle body is good.

This is not an exclusive feature of the LS.

I know that. I'm just bitching because I can,,, although as I have said... the LS has actually been a reliable car, (at least for me). I know the caveats,,, but I STILL wish they would have made more of the cooling system components out of aluminum.

Well they have 3 more allies at Stewart Haas. That will be interesting.

Yes it will. As an "aside",,, PBS has been running a program lately called "city in the sky". It's about airplanes... and they do talk some about maintenance, maintenance schedules... and wi-fi elctronic monitoring of the engines while it flight. It was pretty interesting.

Ninecar,

I had the fluid, filter, and solenoid pack standing by at 100k miles... with the intent to change. I didn't get to it until roughly 132k,,, when my LS started showing some of the symptoms you are experiencing. It's worth the $500 in parts if you know how to do it yourself.

One question... the shop that pulled your pan and inspected the trans. Did they refill it with Ford approved fluid,,, or put in something "universal"?

If they put universal fluid in... get that sh!t out of there ASAP!!!!!!!

As far as the throttle body.... It's not so much the throttle body,,, as it is the Throttle Posistion Sensor. The reason they replace the whole throttle body... is because it's a bear to get the TPS off without snapping the screws off in the TB.

Heat gun with careful placement for a brief time,,, loosens the loc-tite holding the screws, (if a person is lucky). IIRC... TPS is about $150,,, compared to $500+ for complete TB.

Not written in stone... but some usual TPS codes are P0122, P0223... plus a couple of TAC codes, (I forget the numbers). Plus with these codes you will usually have an ETC failsafe message in the info center,,, and the engine won't want to rev over 2500 RPM while driving. Engine may sound like it's misfiring too, (loping).

NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR. Earnhardt says he may retire if he is a champion! Also, my LS has 260k on it which is very impressive

Yeah... he was another one that took a while to get his head on straight. Can't say I blame him completely,,, because of the loss of his dad... but there was no reason for what he pulled in 2007 at Daytona.

Remember that??? Clint Bowyer finished 8th, (IIRC), on his ROOF!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Not to shabby for the only guy who finished upside down!! I'll be happy to see Fords running up front in packs again for the first time in years.

^^^ Me too! I actually miss Dodge's participation. Unfortunately FCA has no interest. Sergio is too busy trying to fill his pockets,,, and convert vehicles over to a Fiat chassis. Wonder if this is going to be another "parts agreement" grab... only to see Chrysler sold in another few years... again.

my LS has 260k on it which is very impressive

How many miles did it have on it when you bought it? I can't see it being all original parts at 260k. Me thinks a previous owner replaced a bunch before you bought it.

Yeah I wish they would push Toyota out and bring Dodge back in. I also wish Kasey Kahne would dominate the series again.

And it had 260 on it when I got it and I have already put 2k on it. I would venture to agree that it has had a fair amount of coil replacements in its life.

Yeah I wish they would push Toyota out and bring Dodge back in.

Problem with that is... Toyota built certain vehicles and engines,,, to meet specs and qualify for NASCAR. They did that on purpose... hoping to sell more vehicles. THAT's what NASCAR has ALWAYS been about! Remember the old saying? "Win on Sunday,,, sell on Monday"?

Those who have bought and sold Chrysler over the last decade... have only been in it fpor making money on parts. You will most likely never see a Dodge in NASCAR for many years. FCA bought Chrysler/Dodge for the Jeep, (which is more sucessful in the real world... and you will never see a Jeep in NASCAR.

Sorry newton... But reality is reality. I'm with you 100%,,, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
LOL

HARD HARD HARD HARD HARD ...

It was surreal watching Fords leading in packs. Not to mention the toyotas were all taken out fairly early in the last stage. I thought chase had it though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back