Handle

Jibit

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
I've always had problems with my driver side door handle being "loose". I know what the problem is (I think). I think the one side has a pin in it that keeps falling out. I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the door handle assembly because I want to know if I'm missing any pieces, like another pin. I'll be pulling the panel off this weekend and just want to know before I try to force something where it doesn't belong. That has never worked for me and usually gets me in big trouble!!!

David

I think it has to do with the spring --- generally, if you ahve this problem, its best to jsut replace the handle assy --- ive seen them on ebay alot....

Jibit said:
I've always had problems with my driver side door handle being "loose". I know what the problem is (I think). I think the one side has a pin in it that keeps falling out. I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the door handle assembly because I want to know if I'm missing any pieces, like another pin. I'll be pulling the panel off this weekend and just want to know before I try to force something where it doesn't belong. That has never worked for me and usually gets me in big trouble!!!

David

I have the same on my 93. But it's probably from winters when the door freezes.
Impossible to get open on the mornings even though I have the heater fan on for 2 hours before I even go out to the car. And it's only like -3C here!

What is up with all this thread necroing lately?

ThreadNecro.gif

What is up with all this thread necroing lately?

ThreadNecro.gif

I believe its a result of newbe's being told to SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.... then being smart asses about it. That was my buddy Jim's faimily member that started this thread.... Jim told me about Dave after I got my Lincoln. Uncool to go thread necro'ing in that way....

My '93 actually has Jibit's old LSC floormats in it....

was in no way a disrespect thing, was looking up similiar problem and thought since everyone was bringing up old posts i'd post on it, not noticing the details of depearted friend, and thought since it was first post it was important as well, sorry if you took it wrong way, never thought it would bring back a bad memory many appoligies to all assoiciated

*corrected

What is wrong with remembering a departed friend
You don't want to keep his memory alive.
I also don't mined the old threads it means people are learning.

Members online

No members online now.
Back