Had a great day at the Dyno!!!

When I had my SQ I ran 50/50 meth. The Turbo regal guys will tell you the same thing along with the supra guys. Get the tune nailed down, put the meth kit on, bring the timing around just a little and the car will be very safe for a long while. Most people make the mistake (like I did) of tuning the meth when really you want it to be an extra safety measure. When you start tuning on the meth, when you forget and run out things go lean and go boom.

On positive displacement blower cars (turbos and snails) Meth works wonders. On Roots style blower they do next to nothing. I've had my meth kit on my 04 motor at it does nothing to the IAT's but it was significant cooling on the SQ.

Also go with an aluminum block, screw that iron block. There are TONS of +1000 HP cars with aluminum blocks and you need the 80+ pounds of weight savings on that front end.

BTW nice numbers, I was making 415 / 340 on my SQ with 42lbs, t-rex, hogged exhaust, and meth.

When I had my SQ I ran 50/50 meth. The Turbo regal guys will tell you the same thing along with the supra guys. Get the tune nailed down, put the meth kit on, bring the timing around just a little and the car will be very safe for a long while. Most people make the mistake (like I did) of tuning the meth when really you want it to be an extra safety measure. When you start tuning on the meth, when you forget and run out things go lean and go boom.

On positive displacement blower cars (turbos and snails) Meth works wonders. On Roots style blower they do next to nothing. I've had my meth kit on my 04 motor at it does nothing to the IAT's but it was significant cooling on the SQ.

Also go with an aluminum block, screw that iron block. There are TONS of +1000 HP cars with aluminum blocks and you need the 80+ pounds of weight savings on that front end.

BTW nice numbers, I was making 415 / 340 on my SQ with 42lbs, t-rex, hogged exhaust, and meth.

You have to note at what PSI.

Staying out of the meth discussion. Not a fan of it.

Roots blowers are positive displacement.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

The meth kit is a great intercooler and works well until it is tuned for the extra power and the kit fails for whatever reason. Use it as octane insurance and for lower IATs and you will be fine.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

The meth kit is a great intercooler and works well until it is tuned for the extra power and the kit fails for whatever reason. Use it as octane insurance and for lower IATs and you will be fine.

Thanks phreakness & driller. I was planning to have mine retuned with the meth. I still want to have the tune changed to let it shift a little higher. Shifts at 5,600 rpm's and would like to go to at least 6,000 rpm's. Still has the stock 93 valve springs ??? Was thinking about changing the springs to beehive's ???

I still want to have the tune changed to let it shift a little higher. Shifts at 5,600 rpm's and would like to go to at least 6,000 rpm's. Still has the stock 93 valve springs ??? Was thinking about changing the springs to beehive's ???

I would change to the beehive springs or keep the shifts below 6500 tops. Remember the commanded shift rpm is lower than the actual peak rpm before the actual shifts.

I finally had a chance to get my car retuned back in may it was tuned with a safe tune and i wasn't happy with the results @ 283 rwhp!!! fast forward to Jan 8th, and i'm very pleased with the 391 rwhp what a difference!!! up next will be Meth Injection:D

Thanks Elliot, I told you I would get you straightened out.

Hawt damn. As much as i love twin screws it really shows a centri is the more efficient unit. T that boost I was making 331rwhp. When I was making 381 the IATs were just insaine. Its impressive how much lower the IATs must be on that snail.

Kudos man, really like your car.

Yeah, it made this power without much timing. And I pulled it to 6900 once and power never peaked. It was pulling strong, I was waiting for the valves to float. This tune only had 14* in it, a/f 11.5.... Took alot of work and cleaning up everywhere in the tune to get it just running correctly, let alone making power. I hotlapped it on the dyno to get it good and hot, and was getting a hint of detonation 4000+. It ended up with 12* in it, and thats where it made 391, was making right at 9 lbs of boost. With meth this could've easily been dialed up to 15-16* and another 30hp or so found.

I would change to the beehive springs or keep the shifts below 6500 tops. Remember the commanded shift rpm is lower than the actual peak rpm before the actual shifts.

so when do you think the optimum rpm is to command the shift?

Thank you Anthony, you are the tuning Wizard! I can't wait till you get your hands on my Stang and see what you can squeeze out of that Procharger!!!

so when do you think the optimum rpm is to command the shift?

On my car with the stock 4.6L, it took about 600-700 rpm for the 1-2 shift to complete and 450-550 rpm for the 2-3 shift to complete (even with a fully j-modded beefed up tranny).

So to max out at 6500 with the stock valve-train, you would want your 1-2 shift near 5800-5900 rpms and the 2-3 shift at 5950-6050 rpms. Yours may vary from mine which was accelerating rather quickly with 4.30 hears and 26 inch tires. I was spinning the motor to near 7K with the 1-2 shift at 6300 and the 2-3 shift at 6450 with the upgraded valve train after the head swap.

Upgrade the valve-train to beehive springs and good retainers and you should be able to do 7000 rpms peak. You may find your early PCM limits the ignition once you start revving that high, so plan accordingly. If you have a 4 position switch chip, you can set each position to a slightly different rpm setting to find the right one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back