grey interior paint?

remark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
whats up guys, i used to post under a different name, lost access to the account,lurked for a while and now im back.

my question is, i remember reading on here that there was some kind of grey interior paint that matched our grey perfectly, can anyone help me out? I dont think it was just straight up spray paint, i think i was for automotive use.

thanks guys

interior paint

Krylon makes one masterblend ez touch. SEM makes Color coat elastomeric coating . both come in spray cans

i used to post on here as stlunatic. im pretty sure it was the krylon i had read about. anyone have personal experience?

you need to tell us what year because there are more than one gray. stuff i use on the 95-98 light graphite grey is duplicolor gray vinyl dye, there is only one shade and its a dead match. i have used it in mark VIII's and our old 2001 navigator center console lid it was perfect.

I used the SEM light graphite color interior paint... match was excellent... and SEM makes GREAT stuff.

you need to tell us what year because there are more than one gray. stuff i use on the 95-98 light graphite grey is duplicolor gray vinyl dye, there is only one shade and its a dead match. i have used it in mark VIII's and our old 2001 navigator center console lid it was perfect.

my car is a 98 base model. im trying to match the lights grey on the dash and doors. i think it is the duplicolor. can i find tat at pretty much any auto store?

OK I know this an old thread but this is what popped up when using "search". I have a 97 with light grey interior and a dark gray dash. I need to touch up some trim pieces and was wondering what to use for both the light and dark grey. I've had luck with SEM products in the past but I need to know which greys to try.

well if you know this is an old thread, and you read the replies, you wouldnt have had to ask what to use, the answers are above.

I still don't know which to use for the dark grey that's on the dash. Also I think SEM has moved the light graphite from their color coat line to their classic coat line.

duplicolor makes a gray vinyl dye that is almost dead on, i have it on parts of my driverseat in my 98. i dont know about the top color, go to a body shop and give them your interior trim code off the sticker in the door jamb and they can mix you up an aerosol can of paint in that darker grey.

I'm getting the SEM stuff later today.. it's on order at my local Orielly's.

This is the Duplicolor grey Vinyl and Fabric (never found a duplicolor that was called 'dye')

2012-01-04_10-13-38_HDR.jpg

I gave it one more shot. The door handle is complete with 2 coats. Nothing else is painted.

This is with 1 coat of adhesion promoter and a long vigorous shake of the can.
2012-01-04_15-37-59_HDR.jpg

The corner is painted forward about 3 inches...

2012-01-04_15-38-26_HDR.jpg

This is the SEM stuff.

another light and a heavy coat
2012-01-04_16-00-14_HDR.jpg

Then I put the Duplicolor coat on light .. then heavy to see what it looked like.
2012-01-04_16-01-06_HDR.jpg

2012-01-04_16-12-47_HDR.jpg

2012-01-04_16-17-15_HDR.jpg

While these colors are close I think for an exact match you will need to find something different or have it made.

Also GMAN has suggested that Tasco Automotive Has Lincoln Interior Paint that's spot on and labeled Lincoln Colors. I'll be grabbing some of that tomorrow.

(I cleaned the doors as best I could for the 'newest color' I could get.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back