Got rid of the painted 10 spokes!!

fordguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Got rid of the 10 spokes that made her look old and dated and got me some 17x9 chrome Cobra R's. I got the wheels and tires off of a SCCOA member Super XR7. They only had 2000 miles on both of them and look brand new. They have Bridgestone Potenza RE750's 255/50/17's that really grip the road. 1 mod down who knows how many more to go!!!

PICT0118-1.gif

Got rid of the 10 spokes that made her look old and dated and got me some 17x9 chrome Cobra R's. I got the wheels and tires off of a SCCOA member Super XR7. They only had 2000 miles on both of them and look brand new. They have Bridgestone Potenza RE750's 255/50/17's that really grip the road. 1 mod down who knows how many more to go!!!

PICT0118-1.gif

I love it. Those are the same exact wheels I have on my black '97. There's something about Cobra R's that I simply love so much.

I have a question though, being that they are 17"x9" just like mine, are yours rubbing a bit on your upper control arms? Mine rubbed on my black '93 even after installing new upper/lower control arms & they rub on my black '97 only when I reverse while turning the wheel (either way).

I love it. Those are the same exact wheels I have on my black '97. There's something about Cobra R's that I simply love so much.

I have a question though, being that they are 17"x9" just like mine, are yours rubbing a bit on your upper control arms? Mine rubbed on my black '93 even after installing new upper/lower control arms & they rub on my black '97 only when I reverse while turning the wheel (either way).

They were rubbing on the spindle a little but i just broke out the grinder a made a little notch about 1 1/2 x 1/8 and they barely clear. If its rubbing in reverse take a look at your strut rod bushings i heard that might happen when they start to go bad. There is something about the cobra r's they are timeless!!

They were rubbing on the spindle a little but i just broke out the grinder a made a little notch about 1 1/2 x 1/8 and they barely clear. If its rubbing in reverse take a look at your strut rod bushings i heard that might happen when they start to go bad. There is something about the cobra r's they are timeless!!

I also pulled out the grinder & did the same exact thing. I may have to grind a bit more but I agree. I may have to replace the strut rod bushings. I only have 64k on the car but 15 years is 15 years no matter how you look at it.

F'N a man...that looks good! Your car looks awsome in that low light!

Just ordered a center cap kit from ONEBADMK8. Now my Cobra R's can rock some Cobrastars :D

I have the CobraStar emblems sitting in my shed. I have yet to install them because I may end up swaping to 2001 Cobra wheels... + the center caps on my current wheels are a bit roundish on the surface. I don't think those decals can be installed on such a curvy surface. I know I can heat them with a blow dryer but I foresee them coming off.

I have the CobraStar emblems sitting in my shed. I have yet to install them because I may end up swaping to 2001 Cobra wheels... + the center caps on my current wheels are a bit roundish on the surface. I don't think those decals can be installed on such a curvy surface. I know I can heat them with a blow dryer but I foresee them coming off.

Yeah mine are rounded to and plan to heat them up also. I am a little worried about them coming off also but gonna give em a try.

Looks good when we going to get some more pics?
Sensor lower if possible please?
Or cut a coil out.

Looks good when we going to get some more pics?
Sensor lower if possible please?
Or cut a coil out.

Gonna sensor lower her on my next day off that is nice. After that gonna give her a nice wash and take more pics!

Members online

No members online now.
Back