Got a new toy!

JMiles_T

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Both HID housings for a total of $565 + shipping on eBay...

LvCHIDa.jpg

LvCHIDb.jpg

...and worth every penny.

SVEET!

Its spring time, TIME FOR EVERYONE TO GET NEW TOYS!

I think I was them on e-bay .... why do ppl sell thing like that as right side and left side . I always worried I'd win just the left side .
I knew someone from here would get them

That happened to me last year when I got mine. I ended up getting into a bidding war with someone from this site, but luckily another set went up for sale about a week later.

buddylee said:
I think I was them on e-bay .... why do ppl sell thing like that as right side and left side . I always worried I'd win just the left side .
I knew someone from here would get them
I wasn't counting on winning both of them either, but even if I did win only one of them, it would still have been a huge savings. One call to Five Star would get me the other one.

Thankfully that won't be necessary.

Yeha, I went thru the same thing. One auction was for the right side, and one auction was for the left side housings, and then another auction for the ballasts. I won the right side, and I won the ballast, but I lost the left side. So, I had one side housing, and the ballast, but not the other side. It then took me close to a year to find JUST the left side housing that was just the housing and not the whole assembly (since I already had both ballast and the other housing), then the very next day there was an entire set, both sides, ballast, and bulbs (extra HID bulbs too....new in the box). So, not only did I win the extra set, I also won the housing. The funny part is I had purchased another Mark VIII that had the front end caved in and I was gonna put that one back together, so now I had a set for my green car and that car as well.

Well, I decided that I was not going to rebuild that car and had the whole extra HID set and the guy that I was bidding against I emailed him and he purchased that entire set for a bit more than what I paid for it. But the best part is I had 2 entire sets of HID's (used of course) for a lil over a total price of $700, and then sold the other set for close to $500. So, I ended up with a set of HID's for my green car for only $200.....and I kept the best looking used housings for myself......:D

I think more often than not when you piece-meal you still end up getting something retail to complete the set. I had all but the one housing and more bulbs and ballasts than I needed when I finally caved(just before Carlisle 2005) and bought one side complete from Max at FiveStarFord to complete the swap. I've sold some of the surplus since but still have a bulb and ballast as spares.

What does a new set cost with everything needed at the best discount possible ?

Doc

Doc said:
What does a new set cost with everything needed at the best discount possible ?

Doc

Remember me talkin to you about Max??? Give him a call 1-800-866-1520 ext. 236. He is the ONLY place you can get them new at any kind of discount. They want over $600 for each side if you can get them at the dealer.

Wish I had the $$$ for HID's. I am spending enough money just to keep the car in working condition right now...between the mark, and my wife's car it's always something.

Members online

No members online now.
Back