got a new daily driver finally

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked this up 2 days ago. 93 gmc sierra 1500 2wd, swb, 350, auto with 112k miles. It has a little rust here and there but no rot or holes..I might grind it down and POR 15 it to keep it from getting worse. Runs and drives like a dream, bottom of the motor is bone dry no leaks, new alternator, wiper motor, AC compressor and lines, fuel pump, plugs and wires. And best of all emissions exempt. Radio is toast so ill be putting in an aftermarket one soon.

20130518_155526_zps44647e02.jpg

20130518_155432_zpsc7c7a311.jpg

20130517_190232_zps16bc663b.jpg

Finally retiring my mark from DD status, will be doing some maintenance on it this summer including plugs, wires, fuel filter, IAC, upper control arms, end links, rear upper shock mounts and true dual 2.5" exhaust..lookin forward to it :)

20130408_171546_zpse3ca01be.jpg

Also figured this was notable..saw this 91 super coupe at a local car show yesterday. Spotless with 7k miles on it.

20130518_184558_zps4bd84426.jpg

Man that thing shines like the dickens! Looks really good shape for a 93. Good luck with her.

That is one nice looking 20 y/old GMC!!

Nice to see a preserved SC Thunderbird also.

Nice looking truck for the age, where did it come from? I retired my mark from DD staus in Oct of 2010, It felt good to not abuse it for daily runs anymore.

A friend of min in FL has an SC in the same condition except it has 360,000 on it. Great cars, too bad there missing two cylinders.

clean truck and beautiful bird. its nice when the mark becomes more of a toy, because when you do drive it, it feels incredible

Oh man the truck does drive nice but in the end its a 20 y/o truck with sloppy steering and rough/bouncy ride..after driving it for two days it makes the mark feel like a brand new car lol. The truck is in good shape for its age, Its been in the chicagoland area since new but someone repainted it at one point and the dealer i got it from touched up some rust spots to make it look presentable. The drivers side door is rusted on the inside and was probably starting to creep to the outside so they sanded it down threw some filler over it and painted the bottom of the door..and they also painted the pass front fender lip which must have been flaking..should last for a year or two before the rust comes back..but I don't really care too much, its just a daily driver. My friends seem to like it..one of them has all of these ideas for it like getting a leveling kit and tint and yada yada, not interested in spending a bunch of money on it though nor do I want to deal with that rusty ass frame and suspension components. So far all ive done is polish the headlights and marker lights and clean up the interior. Ill just drive it and enjoy it for now..and focus on the mark. I should get some good use out of it..this motor hasn't even been broken in..literally. When I was looking for these chevy/gmcs I was finding them with 200k+ miles and even some in the 350k range..insane!

Very nice. Trucks last pretty long from what I have seen. I was bored and was looking around for a truck so I could haul stuff but most had lots of miles. Like +200K, of course I was looking in the range of 3K-6K but still.

Nice truck. Glad to see the Mark will be taking it easy this next winter. :)

Very nice. Trucks last pretty long from what I have seen. I was bored and was looking around for a truck so I could haul stuff but most had lots of miles. Like +200K, of course I was looking in the range of 3K-6K but still.

That's pretty much the same price range I was looking for also. Surprisingly these things hold their value. I used to have a 93 sierra 1500 4.3 v6 work truck long bed that I sold 9 years ago for $3200..it was cleaner and had 85k miles at the time. This one was listed for $4000 and I talked them down to $4k out the door pretty much wiping the dealer fees and tax title and lincence cost. I probably could have found a cheaper one if I bought through a private seller but everything else I found around here was expensive as hell and had way more miles than this one..so this was relatively cheap.

dude, at the glass shop i work for we have a sierra JUST like yours , except its white and gray two-tone, That thing just keeps on running! its got a BIG glass rack in the back in the bed and has 200,000 HARD miles and is still running great, These are great durable trucks, the SC was cool too ive got one with 105,000 , a 5 speed, and a sunroof (1989), got it for free. every time i see a pic of an SC makes me wanna get mine running. Sorry about hi-jacking just got me thinking when i saw this thread. Gorgeous truck and congrats dude!

dude, at the glass shop i work for we have a sierra JUST like yours , except its white and gray two-tone, That thing just keeps on running! its got a BIG glass rack in the back in the bed and has 200,000 HARD miles and is still running great, These are great durable trucks, the SC was cool too ive got one with 105,000 , a 5 speed, and a sunroof (1989), got it for free. every time i see a pic of an SC makes me wanna get mine running. Sorry about hi-jacking just got me thinking when i saw this thread. Gorgeous truck and congrats dude!

Thanks man! Yeah I see these trucks everywhere..nothing like the mark viii where you're lucky to see one once a week..I already had someone offer to buy it off me too lol. So far its running great..the air blows colder than the mark too. Cost me about $80 to fill the tank though :/ I think if I drive it easy I can pull off average gas mileage in the high teens.

Damn :/ i pay about 55 ish to fill my mark, 80 isnt horrible though man! yours probably could get in the hi-teens easy i would think. ours needa tune up BAD, the only things that have EVER beem changed engine wise is the air filter, fuel filter, and oil / oil filter, thats honestly about it, and even all that was done awhile ago, i would think that even with 200k if it had fresh plugs, fresh oil, fresh filters, a new PCV, ETC. all other worn items replaced it could probably manage atleast 15-17 even WITH the glass rack still in it, but right now its running a little rough and probably manages 11-13ish mixed city driving, still just as reliable as ever though

your right about the marks too lol i see two everyday, mine, and this Toreador Red Gen 2 LSC i see sitting by my shop. they are quite a rare sight, seems like i see more gen 1's but a Mark in general is the equivalent of seeing a old muscle car driving around in terms of rarity as far as what ive seen in my area

Members online

Back