goog article on dew platform

Good read.

My recommendation? The LS is a great car – it will be very successful and will take Lincoln in a new and fresh direction. I was overall very impressed and would highly recommend this car. Don’t take it without the sport suspension!

I’d like mine in dark red!

If only it were true.. :(

I remember that MKZ TV commercial a few months ago where they showed a 90's Town Car and made it seem as if they think they are making a lot better cars now then they were then. I just frowned and thought no wonder they are going down the ****ter if they think that crap box is any wares near as good as a Town Car! Their dealership experience probably doesn't help either, back in march when I was looking at buying something I had a bad experience at both Ford/Lincoln dealerships I went to, the first time the salesman was intent on selling me the one car I looked at that I ended up not liking, when I wanted to look at other things he didn't want to show me anything else, the second one, nobody wanted to help me, I even went inside and nothing, there was nobody at the concierge desk, I ended up having to look around and ask for help. It gets worse, the car that I had scheduled to look at was not there, the owner of the dealership's daughter had taken it planning on driving it out of state. They were able to get it there to look at, but of coarse it was falsely advertised, it said it was an Expedition King Ranch, but it was a base model with barely any options.

Unless Lincoln releases a proper RWD V8 sedan I probably won't buy another one after the LS. I hate their styling, don't care for their options, and the cars give a bad driving feel for something that's supposed to be sporty.

That's one of the biggest reasons I just make plans to mod my LS. The biggest question I have is what I am willing to do to the engine. The rest is pretty well mapped out in my head.

Unless Lincoln releases a proper RWD V8 sedan I probably won't buy another one after the LS. I hate their styling, don't care for their options, and the cars give a bad driving feel for something that's supposed to be sporty.

That's one of the biggest reasons I just make plans to mod my LS. The biggest question I have is what I am willing to do to the engine. The rest is pretty well mapped out in my head.

And that's why I'm ditching mine before long. I've been down the road of driving a totally unsupported car before, and I'm not prepared to do that again unless it's for something I really, really like.

And that's why I'm ditching mine before long. I've been down the road of driving a totally unsupported car before, and I'm not prepared to do that again unless it's for something I really, really like.

Well I really really like my LS. I was going to buy a new '09 MKS Ecoboost but there were a few things that killed it for me. I didn't care for the over-all look of it and it only got uglier later on. During the test drive the guy said I could go for a ride through some back roads and it drove and handled more like a rally car then a road car which I didn't care for. And lastly it was the very first year of that model and engine with the AWD. In hind sight i'm glad I opted to pass on it seeing as how the first two years had AWD issues.

I didn't want a vette or mustang and the camaro didn't exist for purchase yet. I looked at a CTS-V but it was a bit out of my price range and also a first-model-year car so I opted for the LS and to save a bit of cash. I'm pretty happy with the car but as time passes I can't help but tinker with it. It's a fun project to mess with.

I've been in love with the Dew98 platform and the LS since the first one I drove. I fell deeper in love when I got my 2006. I always said that chassis is the best Ford has ever designed. I swear sometimes I wonder if they may have gotten some of the components mixed up from the Ford GT. I know everyone on here has had enough of me talking about how great the LS is. I just love the car so much and I've had lots of fun with it. My neuro says I don't have much longer to drive it like I want so the clock is ticking before I have to take it and have the alignment reset to factory. Until then, I am going to try and enjoy it without killing myself.

I imagine if they did make a proper RWDV8, it'll turn out like the Chevy SS... decent but boring.

I imagine if they did make a proper RWDV8, it'll turn out like the Chevy SS... decent but boring.

G, you are probably right. Look at the first few comments after the most recent article. That should tell you right there, the type of customer Ford is targeting. One guy claims the LS is basically a dressed up Ford because it shared the same underpinnings as the 2002-2005 Thunderbird? Okay so for 3 model years a Ford model shared the same platform as the LS was using for 7 model years and Jaguar has been using for 15 model years. Is that what he meant? Well, I won't hold my breath for Ford to make the right move here. I will just wait until I love my LS to death and then retire her and go by me a Jaguar and I will have my Dew98 Platform.

I don't think the SS will be boring, I haven't driven one yet as a lot of dealership don't have many, but the come pretty much fully loaded I think there's only like 2 or 3 options. It's certainly no CTS-V or Corvette ZR-1 but it's also quite a bit less money than those.

agreed, i guess aesthetically boring... You could call it the new malibu or impala and no one would think twice.

agreed, i guess aesthetically boring... You could call it the new malibu or impala and no one would think twice.

Wow I didn't know it was out already. Anyway I just looked at some pics and would for sure agree. It's incredibly boring. Infact I think it looks like a buick. I think a verano. Coming out with a car like that it should look like something special. But it doesn't.

Well I do agree that it doesn't do a good job paying homage to the famous SS edition cars that Chevy has made since the 50's and 60's, but I just don't see it as boring, I do think that considering what it is (a RWD Performance car with a 6.2L V8) it should look a bit more aggressive, but it looks like a well laid out, well put together interior. If im correct it's very similar to the Pontiac G8's, and I test drove one of those and loved it. I am looking forward to driving one of these next time my Tahoe is in for service. Maybe I just like Buick styling, I liked the interior of the Regal GS and if it had anything other than a stupid 4 cylinder I probably would have gotten one. LOL
2014-chevrolet-ss-photo-videos-interior-stage-1920x1080-02.jpg2014_Chevrolet_SS_seat_back.jpg

2014-chevrolet-ss-photo-videos-interior-stage-1920x1080-02.jpg

2014_Chevrolet_SS_seat_back.jpg

Too bad Gummint Motors installs a very invasive event recorder that can be used against the owner by the police, insurance companies, gummint entities (like NHTSA and others) and whomever else wants access to that data. It can NOT be disabled.......

dont get me wrong. I dont hate it... just seems like a blown opportunity regarding its appearance, They have a line of cars that all look the same, why make another

SS
2014-chevrolet-ss-photo-501757-s-1280x782.jpg
impala
2014-chevy-chevrolet-impala.jpg
malibu
1310141739130501-2014_chevy_malibu_review.jpg

Hell even the cruze isn't that far off

2014-chevrolet-cruze_100417996_m.jpg

2014-chevrolet-ss-photo-501757-s-1280x782.jpg

2014-chevy-chevrolet-impala.jpg

1310141739130501-2014_chevy_malibu_review.jpg

2014-chevrolet-cruze_100417996_m.jpg

dont get me wrong. I dont hate it... just seems like a blown opportunity regarding its appearance, They have a line of cars that all look the same, why make another

SS
View attachment 828465505
impala
View attachment 828465506
malibu
View attachment 828465507

View attachment 828465508
Like I said I fully agree, I think even if they hadn't had other cars that looked very similar it is just not aggressive enough for what the car is. I think interior, power and drivetrain was spot on, I'm going to say that it probably drives spot on as well, the GM Performance Division put a lot of goodies in it and other than someone trying to get more power out of the engine there isn't many other ways to make it better driving and handling wise. Believe me ill probably get a ZL1 Camaro convertible or a 2SS convertible before I get one of these, but its still interesting none the less.

YEP.... IIRC its around 400hp. cant go wrong there. your right, they seem to have done well on everything but the body.

I cant help but imagining its future being a bit like the LS... around for a couple years, maybe even having two generations. Having a cult following, and then a forum of diehards defending it to its death :drunk:.

Man what a promising design. Fix the grille (the rear seems to look fine), well, actually the whole front end, and it would be a winner, IMHO.

I don't think it's ugly, just doesn't fit the car, compared to what I would imagine it competes with the Hemi Charger it was designed from the ground up to drive like a performance car, as where Dodge just stuck a Hemi onto a normally V6 car. I think if you blind folded someone and talked about the facts and figures, whether they're a Ford, Dodge, or GM guy that would sound like a pretty bad ass car, then you lift the blind fold and they're like, wait who put this Malibu in front of me.

SS
View attachment 828465505
impala
View attachment 828465506
malibu
View attachment 828465507

View attachment 828465508

It might just be me but, the Impala looks like its based on the same platform as the Cadillac XTS and the SS I liked better as the G8. It just looks too clean. I might like it more if it looked like the Holden VE Commodore.

It might just be me but, the Impala looks like its based on the same platform as the Cadillac XTS and the SS I liked better as the G8. It just looks too clean. I might like it more if it looked like the Holden VE Commodore.
I'm pretty sure the Impala and XTS are based on the same platform.

I'm pretty sure the Impala and XTS are based on the same platform.

Wikied the Caddy XTS

Class
Full-size luxury sedan

Body style
4-door sedan

Layout
Transverse front-engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive

Platform
GM Epsilon II

Related
Chevrolet Impala (Tenth Generation)
Buick LaCrosse (Second Generation)
Saab 9-5 (Second Generation)

The SS is just the Pontiac GTO with a few extra cubes. Doesn't have direct injection, doesn't have VVT, doesn't have AFM, does have a gas guzzler tax, has a LOWER average fuel economy than a freakin' Suburban... I was really interested in an SS as a replacement for my LS, until I found all this out. Still hoping they will fix this problem before lack of sales kills it because I'd like to get one but will NOT buy a car that gets worse mileage than a Suburban. And nobody say it's a performance car either, the Corvette will smoke the SS like a cheap cigar and gets 30MPG when driven nicely. At least they didn't hang the SS with a 4 speed trans, it comes with a 6 speed auto. No manual, just a 6 speed auto, and it's not like they don't have the Camaro SS 6 speed manual available to them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back