goog article on dew platform

I get ya there man sorta. The Jags that are riding on the Dew98 platform are very nice cars. Now, am I driving my 8 year old car because I don't have the money for a newer vehicle? Not at all. I drive it because I love the way it feels. The dynamics of the machine as a whole. The funny thing is there are shortcomings of the LS that, were they not there, the strengths would not be so apparent or fun to use to make up for them.

I will go look at the GM stuff and then the Chrysler offerings and make a comparative examination of the underpinnings. Really, the only Chrysler I might consider is the 300 SRT8. I would imagine the ATS would be pretty nicely done underneath.

right, basically the gains are not worth the extra cost. the people who really love this car love it bc its a good bang for the buck thing. its why it makes zero sense for ford to make a new one. anybody who really wants one and can afford it already has a new and similar euro car. that market is saturated and is dependent on brand loyalty, which ford has not established with those customers. ford left them hanging in 06. only way to compete there is on price, and these arent cheap cars to make and sell for cheap. this little following we have here is not exactly a luxury market that can be cultivated and retained. you typically can only buy into a luxury market, you typically dont 'grow' into it bc. you dont build $60k cars and market them to people driving $2k-$10k cars... those people's incomes do not grow exponentially like that. maybe some 20 yr old get an ls, like it, ford gets some brand loyalty, the 20 yr old GROWS into a better job, then ford capitalizes on the brand loyalty. but that aint happening. maybe with a caddy, but not a lincoln. i aint heard any pop/rap/rock about a lincoln in 20 yrs. macklemore got his 'all black cadillac blah blah blah' nobody is making a song about 'rollin in my late model limited production lincoln-jag hybridization / failed experiment' : P

The GTO, G8, and SS are all Holden Commodores, which is where it comes from. The SS would be a serious contender if they put AFM, VVT and direct inject heads on it. A rear wheel drive sedan that runs and handles like a 4-door Corvette but is as fuel efficient as a Camry? They couldn't make enough of them.

It's too cold out for me to look Robot, maybe next week. I like the 300 as well, but would probably go with the smaller Charger if I could ever bring myself to buy a Chrysler product. That new Porsche Macan is looking interesting, as is the new Mustang. And I'm still hoping that Buick will come out with that rumored Grand National in a RWD again. Not holding my breath.

The GTO, G8, and SS are all Holden Commodores, which is where it comes from. The SS would be a serious contender if they put AFM, VVT and direct inject heads on it. A rear wheel drive sedan that runs and handles like a 4-door Corvette but is as fuel efficient as a Camry? They couldn't make enough of them.

It's too cold out for me to look Robot, maybe next week. I like the 300 as well, but would probably go with the smaller Charger if I could ever bring myself to buy a Chrysler product. That new Porsche Macan is looking interesting, as is the new Mustang. And I'm still hoping that Buick will come out with that rumored Grand National in a RWD again. Not holding my breath.

Well, I finally did get to go out and look at some cars. Then the MS Monster decided to hit me with a Relapse.

I went to the Chevy place and they had no 4dr RWD sedans. They said they had a hard time getting any. That's probably what they were talking about while they were leaning on the rail staring at my car when I pulled in. I couldn't even find a brochure. When I left the building, I stopped to look at the red Corvette Convertible they had out there. $5000 fair market value adjustment? Then this sales guy yells at me "Nice isn't it? I bet you wish you could afford that one huh?" EXCUSE ME! View attachment 828465844

After that, I went to the Dodge/Ram/Chrysler place. There were sales people sitting around there too but they were more attentive to their potential prospects. Before I could put it in park there was one next to my car. He scored some points right off because he didn't address me as BROTHA'. I told him I was there for research on the underpinnings of the RWD vehicles I may be interested in. First he steered me toward a V6 Charger. I told him I want to see the big stuff with the big engines. He guides me to another lot where they have lots of Charger R/Ts, a Challenger R/TView attachment 828465853, and some 300s a few which were 300C?View attachment 828465854View attachment 828465855

I'm having difficulty concentrating so, I will get right to the 300C thing. I guess I missed the announcement when the C no longer meant HEMI V8 because all of the 300Cs they had were V6 cars. I guess the C just gives you big wheels and fog lights and a higher price now. The V8 must be an option. The 300C looks like this underneath.View attachment 828465856View attachment 828465857

The Challenger R/T looks like this underneath.View attachment 828465858View attachment 828465859

WOW! This really made me think I was at Sears looking under some Craftsman lawn tractors. That's some old technology there. I'm really surprised because I thought the 300 was based on an older Mercedes E Class platform.

On a higher note, they did have a nice Walter White sitting up front. Curious, no leather seats.View attachment 828465860View attachment 828465861View attachment 828465862View attachment 828465863

Well, I finally did get to go out and look at some cars. Then the MS Monster decided to hit me with a Relapse.

I went to the Chevy place and they had no 4dr RWD sedans. They said they had a hard time getting any. That's probably what they were talking about while they were leaning on the rail staring at my car when I pulled in. I couldn't even find a brochure. When I left the building, I stopped to look at the red Corvette Convertible they had out there. $5000 fair market value adjustment? Then this sales guy yells at me "Nice isn't it? I bet you wish you could afford that one huh?" EXCUSE ME! View attachment 828465844

After that, I went to the Dodge/Ram/Chrysler place. There were sales people sitting around there too but they were more attentive to their potential prospects. Before I could put it in park there was one next to my car. He scored some points right off because he didn't address me as BROTHA'. I told him I was there for research on the underpinnings of the RWD vehicles I may be interested in. First he steered me toward a V6 Charger. I told him I want to see the big stuff with the big engines. He guides me to another lot where they have lots of Charger R/Ts, a Challenger R/TView attachment 828465853, and some 300s a few which were 300C?View attachment 828465854View attachment 828465855

I'm having difficulty concentrating so, I will get right to the 300C thing. I guess I missed the announcement when the C no longer meant HEMI V8 because all of the 300Cs they had were V6 cars. I guess the C just gives you big wheels and fog lights and a higher price now. The V8 must be an option. The 300C looks like this underneath.View attachment 828465856View attachment 828465857

The Challenger R/T looks like this underneath.View attachment 828465858View attachment 828465859

WOW! This really made me think I was at Sears looking under some Craftsman lawn tractors. That's some old technology there. I'm really surprised because I thought the 300 was based on an older Mercedes E Class platform.

On a higher note, they did have a nice Walter White sitting up front. Curious, no leather seats.View attachment 828465860View attachment 828465861View attachment 828465862View attachment 828465863
I'm not surprised they didn't have any SS's in inventory, the dealership I go to by me doesn't have any yet either, and the other chevy dealership only had one in inventory and I never got the chance to go look at it.

Hummmm. Reading through this whole thread I saw no mention of BMW’s. My understanding is that these “Sport Sedans” like the Cadillac CTS, Lexus IS and Lincoln LS all try (tried) to emulate the drive “feel” of a Bimmer 3 or 5 series. So, if one would want to replace the ride of a LS, I would suspect one could find it in a BMW, Audi, CTS or Lexus IS. The “American Muscle” sedans (RWD) like the new Chevy SS, Charger and Chrysler 300, they maybe just raw horsepower that’s great in a straight line, but they’ll lack the comfort, feel and sure footed stability in the “twisties” and curves that a true sport sedan like our LS offers. Note I’m talking sport sedans, not sports cars like a ‘Vette.

Hummmm. Reading through this whole thread I saw no mention of BMW’s. My understanding is that these “Sport Sedans” like the Cadillac CTS, Lexus IS and Lincoln LS all try (tried) to emulate the drive “feel” of a Bimmer 3 or 5 series. So, if one would want to replace the ride of a LS, I would suspect one could find it in a BMW, Audi, CTS or Lexus IS. The “American Muscle” sedans (RWD) like the new Chevy SS, Charger and Chrysler 300, they maybe just raw horsepower that’s great in a straight line, but they’ll lack the comfort, feel and sure footed stability in the “twisties” and curves that a true sport sedan like our LS offers. Note I’m talking sport sedans, not sports cars like a ‘Vette.
The CTS-V is probably the happy medium of the two types of cars, a crap load of power like the charger, 300, and SS (even more than those) and it's going to handle more like a BMW or something European. It can be had in 4door sedan, 2door coupe, and 4door wagon forms. I'd probably go for a wagon in black with the optional matte black rims.
35783028_-_2013_Cadillac_CTS-V_Wagon-1277_620x433.jpg

35783028_-_2013_Cadillac_CTS-V_Wagon-1277_620x433.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back