Goodbye Mark8 Hello 96 SVT COBRA MUSTANG

Jacksun

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After the bender fender, hood ripping door ding ordeal today I decided to follow the voice in me and look for a mustang. Not just a mustang, I wouldn't be caught dead in a v6. Had to be a cobra and man I found one. I saw it tonight and instantly fell in love.

Anyway. No pics right now but it's black on black. Needs a full re paint.
A few small things. Abs sensors. A new ac compressor but plan on pulling it out of my mark. Other than that nothing huge.

Pics soon

Enjoy the Cobra. I absolutely miss my 98. Sold it to a guy in LA that flew down to get it.

Look out for overheating issues (there was a TSB for it for 96 Cobras). See if it was already fixed.

For the best Cobra source, you should check out svtperformance.com

Thanks guys and I plan on it. Gonna take some baby steps with it until I get a feel. I'll check the websites tomorrow

The 96-98 Cobra is one of my favorite of all time looks wise. I just dislike the stock 96-97 wheels, the 98 were great.

Well shes sitting in my bay ready for some love. Drove her 120 miles and shes a sweet-heart. Runs spectacular. After pulling over to fix the burning wire I got up on her and man oh man is she quick!
Gonna be ordering many parts tomorrow. AC Clutch, wheel speed sensor, PCV valve, ODO gear, subframes, clutch adjuster etc etc and bring her back to glory.
Car has 177k on the chasis and around 30k on the new motor. 3" Magnaflow exhaust, MAC Off Road H-pipe, tune, King Kobra clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, MAC CAI and new BFG rubber.
Gonna upgrade the brakes and install new calipers and clean it up. Right now shes a dirty dirty whore. :p

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0048.jpg

IMGP0047.jpg

Give her a nice rub and buff with the minor fixes and she will be ready to roll.

Nice choice.
Paint is very shot. Interior is not bad though. I will clean the motor and interior but the exterior is up to Action Jacksun.

I realllyyyyyy want a Cobra. Not a GT, a Cobra. :D Too damn poor these days to afford anything though. :( Has she been sitting for a long time? Since the engine bay is pretty dirty.

Some people just really neglect their cars.

I realllyyyyyy want a Cobra. Not a GT, a Cobra. :D Too damn poor these days to afford anything though. :( Has she been sitting for a long time? Since the engine bay is pretty dirty.

Lol. I was thinking when I was coming up to look at it, it was prob drug dealer who needed money or something like that.

Sheet it was some kid my age with a brand fing new gt 5.0 in there. I think he said his mom was using the car to flit around town in ha.

The wheels on ur mark. Trade you my 20s for your saleens.

I do. I plan on parting her after scrapping it on someone's bumper yesterday morning.

i dont get how you let a motor or the engine bay for that matter get the dirty. people dont care about anything anymore. good luck with it, should be a fun car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back