Good article if you're concerned about Lincoln.

Tell him Lincoln didn't like a minivan look either and decided to go with a modern version of the 39 Zepher sedan look.

View attachment 828459697

file.php?1,file=75082,filename=zephyr.jpg
2010-lincoln-mkt-i01.jpg

I see it now. They both have 4 wheels.

Looks nothing like a minivan...

2011-minivan.jpg

2010-lincoln-mkt-i01.jpg

file.php?1,file=75082,filename=zephyr.jpg

2011-minivan.jpg

View attachment 828459700
View attachment 828459699

I see it now. They both have 4 wheels.

Looks nothing like a minivan...

View attachment 828459702

Naturally they would share that design concern having four wheels.

Of course, the MKT is on a car frame with a longer wheelbase and longer hood and shorter roofline and a sedan passenger window with the small side window for passenger use while sitting back in their seats, like the old sedans and it has very fine passenger doors rather than the mini-van sliding door(s).

Anything else you'd like to learn about Lincolns and mini-vans just let me know.

Tell him Lincoln didn't like a minivan look either and decided to go with a modern version of the 39 Zepher sedan look.

He's so old man he's not going to listen to me :) BTW, am I the only one dying for another suicide door model?

This is not an LS subsection, it's a general discussion

Really? becuase when i look over in "gereral disscussion"
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?73-General-Discussion-Forum
I see a whole bunch of dead threads with the most replies this year being nine. it doesn't look like a whole lot of people are looking for a general discussion.

also funny enough, after logging in to LVC, i always seem to find this only after clicking on the words "Lincoln LS", In what world do you live where that is not an LS subsection?

about a general article focused on the direction Lincoln is going.

which this thread is all about having some hope for every person that thinks that direction is completely the wrong way

I chose to use a new Lincoln product I own to enhance this discussion feeling rather strongly that using a new Lincoln rather than an very old product, the LS, as a discussion point is relevant. Perhaps more than the old LS model.
yes and while we are all talking about how terrible almost everything Lincoln is doing right now is, and please let them build something we would actually want, you over here going, what are you talking about, Lincoln hit the nail on the head with this one...

If that bugs an LS owner you can ignore me or rant.

it doesn't bug me at all, i said that you can say what you want where you want. but you really cant expect not to catch a lot of ranting, especially from a bunch of guys that despise everything about you car and all the other new Lincolns

If anyone feels me poking good natured fun at anyone "racing" a luxury coupe with a small V8 is somehow very rude in a forum populated by mostly men who should be able to give and take (as I did when someone called my MKT a "washing machine" much earlier) then perhaps you should learn to man up or put me on ignore also.

I just found it funny that somebody expected people not to respond with all the appliance jokes, when i was mearly pointing out that it was a text book case of cause and effect. and that he should expect to see what we always sees.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, if you don't like the MKT you can vote with your pocketbook. I did and so I put up and don't have to shut up.

thats fine, your the 1% of people on here that have voted that way with their pocket books. the rest of us will hold out until Lincoln actually makes something we actually want.

This is not an LS subsection, it's a general discussion about a general article focused on the direction Lincoln is going. I chose to use a new Lincoln product I own to enhance this discussion feeling rather strongly that using a new Lincoln rather than an very old product, the LS, as a discussion point is relevant. Perhaps more than the old LS model.

If that bugs an LS owner you can ignore me or rant.

If anyone feels me poking good natured fun at anyone "racing" a luxury coupe with a small V8 is somehow very rude in a forum populated by mostly men who should be able to give and take (as I did when someone called my MKT a "washing machine" much earlier) then perhaps you should learn to man up or put me on ignore also.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, if you don't like the MKT you can vote with your pocketbook. I did and so I put up and don't have to shut up.

This is the "LS Section". Lincoln is going in the wrong direction. LS was the last design they got right. I owned a 2008 MKZ. Nice car. Well designed. Just one major flaw. It's was FWD. MKX same thing. MKT is a disaster. Lincoln dealers can't sell them. Ugly as sin. Should crushed and used to make washing machines. To say you are in the 1 percent is to high. Lincoln should be ashamed for designing such an ugly vehicle.

Speaking of put or shut up. To the majority of us. You gave your money away on a car that is not worth squat. Wait to see how much you get for it when you trade it in. The dealer will wonder what it is And then say "I did not know Lincoln made a mini van".

OHHH SNAP!

Lincoln should be ashamed for designing such an ugly vehicle.
the worse parts is that after you get used to it, the flex isn't that bad looking if you insist on having a soccer mom car, the T, well that just didn't translate too well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back