Gonna order UCA/LCAs today.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I know some suck and some are great and I would like to save as much as possiable but dont want something I have to replace again next year.

So do I get them from Arnott, SCP, Maxx or is the $161 ebay kit that has the uppers and lowers ok? That companys name is O.E. Equipment I think.

And the sway bar end links up front. Is Moog OK?

I got my control arms from o'reillys - lifetime warranty too. I got one moog and the other the master pro brand - they looked identical, even down to the ball joint PN stamp!

I also got their master-pro end links - nice metal units too... if you ask they might cut you a deal for everything you need - it worked for me :)

Skip SCP - WAY TOO MUCH!

Just don't go with the ebay kit.

Just don't go with the ebay kit.

Is there a particular ebay kit you are referring to? I ordered mine off ebay, they were all MOOG parts and OEM Strut rod bushings with a lifetime warranty for $226 shipped.

SCP way too much? They are cheaper then oreilys or rockauto by a whole lot!

Guess I will get the Moog links locally but get the UCA/LCA and rear SRB from SCP.

SCP - Mark VIII lowers: $76.99

Rockauto - 96 Thunderbird LX Moog lowers: $63.99

EDIT: Not sure of the SCP brand.

Yeah but the uppers are MUCH more and when you figure shipping into it the SCP will be cheaper overall.

SCP - Mark VIII Moog lowers: $76.99

Rockauto - 96 Thunderbird LX Moog lowers: $63.99

And SCPs T-bird lowers are $54.

Isnt there something extra needed to put Thunderbird LCAs into the Mark? Like some special washer or something?

Cool, get the T-Bird lowers from SCP, also. (I'd forgot to check T-Bird to T-Bird)

No mods required to fit them - my T-bird lowers looked identical to the original arms I took off.

I noticed on SCP it doesn't mention the brand of the LCA - I'd imagine it's a Moog/TRW piece, but I'd confirm anyway.

oh! I just figured since SCP is expensive on lots of other stuff they would be on CAs too.

The t-bird LCAs work fine on Marks - the UCAs need to my mark specific if you're running air ride. They have the ball stud for the height sensor.

Is there a particular ebay kit you are referring to? I ordered mine off ebay, they were all MOOG parts and OEM Strut rod bushings with a lifetime warranty for $226 shipped.

I suppose it's more an after-sale thing on the ebay stuff. Lets say you have a problem and need Moog to replace the part. Will an ebay transaction count to them as a purchase?

Just got off the phone with Bill. He confirmed that the T-bird LCAs have a higher durromiter bushing so... firmer is better IMHO.

I ordered the T-bird lowers, Mark uppers, rear SRBs and sway bar links all for $410 shipped. Then I also had him add a set of new door seals. :)

I just cant freakin win for loseing. :(

I tell him to pull $XXX from one bank account and $XXX from another one. One account is used normally to just buy car parts online and the other is my normal account. I just dont have time to drive all the way out to the other bank (40 miles away) and get the funds to put into the other account. Well he ran it all on one account and now I have to close work early and drive to BFE to make a deposit so I dont get stuck with a $34 OD fee. :mad: I was just gonna add some tie rods to the order but that rerally pissed me off. I may not even order the k-member support braces from them because of that. Which sucks cause I dont think anywhere else sells them. :(

Nothing pisses me off like:
"Can you do it this way?"
"Yes we can"
"Are you gonna do it that way?"
"Yes we will."
"OK, make sure to do it that way"
"We will."
"Did you do it that way?"
"No, we didnt do it that way"

:mad:

And WTF is up with trying to get an 18mm ratcheting wrench? I went all over and finnaly found a GM one. I was at Harbor and saw a kit on closeout for $20 that had 10mm-19mm sizes so I buy it and as I am sitting in the car I realize it has 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19mm sizes. :mad:
Then I go see that all the kits are like that. Bastages. Found the GM one at a parts store and also kept the other set cause I figure I always wanted them so may as well keep them.

Dude i have 2 ratcheting 18mms - do you want one?? I REALLY don't need 2 of them

Thanks but thats ok, I just paid $22 for the one from Oreilys. SHould work fine.

18 mm is never in a set.
I frickin don't know why.

Dude you need to start online banking.

Driving around to move money is a joke.
Get with the 21st century.

The bank I use for my online purchases dosent do electronic transfers but they have great theft protection. I opened the account there though cause they were close to my old office. There isnt a single branch in Waco though. :(

Any major bank will protect you from theft.
I use M&I, have three accounts, if I need to transfer its a click away.

But ya I would be pissed to if he said "ya I will do it your way", then he just does it how he wants.

They could have voided or reversed the transaction and recharged it the correct way you told them to. Ask me how I know....I had an engine charged out for a customer and wanted it to be split on two cards and the cashier just didnt understand. So she had to void the transaction and then do it the correct way. Phone orders can be tricky to do but it can be done.
Max

18 mm is never in a set.
I frickin don't know why

I had an 18mm in my Ace hardware set of ratchet wrenches - I was surprised but it was there - and on sale for $25 for the set ranging from 10mm to 18mm

I knew with my bank that if he refunded the card it would sit in limbo for three buisiness days. Thats just how that bank is and thats why I specifically told him not to charge it back and I would go put money in the account.
Find out this morning he refunded it anyway and now the money IS in limbo for several days. :( Hes being a stand up guy though and is still sending me all the parts and is gonna send the parts now anyway and wait till I call him to say its ok to re-run the card again. So really its all good, just a missunderstanding I guess.

Members online

No members online now.
Back