Glass packs

It all depends on what your getting done. A catback is usually an easier install than just mufflers and tips. Mufflers and tips require cutting, welding and extra pipe... for something like that, 50-60 per side is about average.

You could do it yourself by cutting the muffler off and getting a tool to spread the new pipe a bit then using clamps to hold it on but it wont be as cool and clean as a good weld.

Thats kind of cool. That sounds like a classic almost!

Why does it make the car sound like the idle chugs?

Wow that don't sound to shabby...im getting the glass packs put on tomorrow but im keeping the stock mufflers in case i don't like them. If there to much ill just switch to some flows or dynomaxs or something.....wish me luck!!!! I'll try to post a video of how they sound before to long!!!

Thats kind of cool. That sounds like a classic almost!

Why does it make the car sound like the idle chugs?

i think thats in the video, at idle the car just has a real low rumble. I have something that rattles back there when it hits a certain idle too, been meaning to get it fixed just too lazy to take it back.

Wow that don't sound to shabby...im getting the glass packs put on tomorrow but im keeping the stock mufflers in case i don't like them. If there to much ill just switch to some flows or dynomaxs or something.....wish me luck!!!! I'll try to post a video of how they sound before to long!!!

If you know the shop very well see if they have any glasspacks they can clamp on so you could hear it first. Also mine didn't sound very good at all until I had the tips put on, he just put turndowns on at first.

Do you have any cutouts in your bumper or did you just run tips i know that they have a little bit of a cutout what tips did you use does anybody know what tips fit good and look good?

I am running the 3in rolled angle cut tip by Magnaflow. I was going to cut the rear valance some for the tips but I never have got around to it.

Hey my car is the same color as yours lol...reason i asked was because i wasn't sure if they would fit at all I'm not a huge fan of the turn downs. If these glass packs sound decent the i will try to put some tips of them who know how it will go.

An LS will never sound like that. That's a HUGE motor compared to the Lincoln V8. Just something to keep in mind while shopping around for mufflers... never trust the sound of a muffler on a different type of car/motor... it's not going to sound the same.

Believe me I already knew that. I think my car sounds great with the Magnaflows that I got on..but I wanna get some exhaust tips that'll give me more of that muscle car growl.....nice and loud...going for duel tips but still unsure the design or type....I might get the classic Euro style straight pipes with the angle cut on the outlets...of coarse 2.5in inlet and outlet diameters

Well today's that day it all goes down in about 2 hours my car will be getting the glasspacks after i get them can i post a video in the sticky section :) I just hope they sound good.

Well today's that day it all goes down in about 2 hours my car will be getting the glasspacks after i get them can i post a video in the sticky section :) I just hope they sound good.

Go for it! I wish a certain someone else would have done the same:p :D

Im starting to think the LS would sound better with a sleeper exhaust granted you have the intake kit.

Wow sounds good. Funny thing, as soon as I hit play on your vid and you started your LS, my left computer speaker proceeded to "walk" off my computer desk from the low tone vibration! Freaked me out for a sec. It was that deep.

(Referring to cuzican vid)

I'll try to post one up sometime soon..it feels good to be 18 with a Lincoln LS not many 18 years olds have a BA Lincoln like the LS. I can't wait to get a KKM and a tune for her. the nill try to make a couple runs at a buddys built GTP.

Once you get the intake it sounds so much different!

Members online

Back