Glass packs

Just because it's a straight tube and less restrictive if heard people talk about a heat sheild that helps my dad is a toolmaker at FORD here in KC. And im sure he could make me a shield.

Should i get the intake tube to? Does it make that much of a difference?

The intake sounds real good. Like I said I have been thinking about getting a sleeper type muffler so the intake is more heard.

I got a clip in my video clip thread but its not the best of quality.

Just because it's a straight tube and less restrictive if heard people talk about a heat sheild that helps my dad is a toolmaker at FORD here in KC. And im sure he could make me a shield.

Heatshield would help if you get high temperatures...but I haven't had a heatshield on mine and it's doing just fine.....

It sounds that good that you would want to have more intake than exhaust!!!!!!!

IMO. The LS always sound to low or to raspy for my taste anymore. I mean I still might change my mind, I constantly am changing it on this topic. But the intake sound is the sound of power to me. Any car can be loud but a loud intake spells power to me.

I enjoy the loud intake noise but I wanna leave the ppl behind me a sound to remember :p

I agree what kind of motoe oil do you guys run i want to switch to syn but the which kind? And i had a guy tell me once you switch you can't switch back to conventional oil. Is that true

I agree what kind of motoe oil do you guys run i want to switch to syn but the which kind? And i had a guy tell me once you switch you can't switch back to conventional oil. Is that true

I just go Castrol Part Synthetic....it's what my Lincoln Dealership recommended for how much of a lead food I have...it's never done me wrong with my new engine :-D

well when you get to know what type of V8 this is a bit more you will think differently.

And Im sorry but a automatic with this compressions ratio does not make for the coolest sounding exhaust:)

yes resonators are still on....do you have a Gen 1??? check this out
th_100_4457.jpg

this is the mufflers cut off.. resonators still on
SDV_0067.flv video by Moench - Photobucket

I dont even see why it matters. Its still automatic and has a rev limiter.

Yeah, I have an 02 LSE V8. My friend came up with a great idea of seeing if the auto shop at my school wants to weld the things in for me one day, free welding! and I know some really good welders in the class too.

I dont even see why it matters. Its still automatic and has a rev limiter.

Big difference in drivability, even with a tune in a Gen II car. NickT88LSCs Gen I car feels MUCH more responsive than my car. Less computer delay with a good old throttle cable.

Yeah but they are talking about exhaust notes and revving it up and what not.

IMO its just not as fun with a automatic, especially one with a rev limiter ( until you get the tune at least ).

If you're a blue blood, Germany Mobil 1 or Royal Purple (either 0W-30 or 5W-30).
For a cheapskate like me, I stick with the "fake" Mobil 1 0W-30 sold at Wallyworld (cracked hydro and not true synthetic) and Purolator filters. Works perfectly fine for me :)

the rev on the drive by wire is nothing like the rev on the gen 1... you would have to rev the two to know what i mean

Members online

No members online now.
Back