Glass packs

Amish Electrician

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i went up to my local muffler shop to ask there opinions about a better sounding exhaust for my 01 v8 and he said for 80 bucks he could just cut off the stock mufflers and weld me in some glass packs he said it should sound good. I was wondering what other options i have i like the magnaflows but there just so expensive. Is anybody else running glass packs. just looking at my options.

What does everyone think?

Thanks

Make sure you get your stock mufflers back if you find you don't like the sound.

Few have done it, sound is a individual taste so it depends on what you like. Glass packs are about $10 buck each for a pipe shop so thats mostly labor....but probably right.

Someone with them should chime in.

My MagnaFlow catback is a whole lot less restrictive than just a muffler to glass pack swap. I've ran 60k on the catback and its been flawless.

My Mark VIII I swapped mufflers for glass packs with no issue

My 98 F150 ran on a single glass pack and turn in front on the tire for a long time, my wife drives it now and wanted it quieter. But about60k like that.

I didn't even run mufflers on cars in my youth.

Stock is 2" on all LSes from the cat back.

There is some mis info on here if you search, alot thought 2 1/4 but were wrong.

When i see glass pack i always think "pick-up truck". Cant see them on a luxury car. But hey, some people like waking the neighbors regardless what they drive.

Im looking into those Vortex mufflers, we sell em at work so I'll see what kind of price I can get them.

2 in 2 out I suppose? I'll crawl under the car today and see what kind of offset is currently there and finally get something going here!

I dont know, just about every member I have seen with glass packs or no mufflers switched before to long.

He also said that for 105 a peice he could try to squeeze a pair of flowmaster 40's up there so mainly im looking at 80 dollars or 210 dollars do you guys think the flows would be a better option? Or any other muffler for that matter.

Could i remove the resonaters and put an x pipe in there place and run that back to whatever muffler I want to go with. Or even the glass packs the guy also told me sometimes that glass packs pop but he said with all teh resonaters in place that he didnt think that they would pop.

I put dynomax mufflers with magnaflow tips, cost me $175 for all of it. I like it cause it's not loud but you can tell its a v8. It has a real low tone.

I put dynomax mufflers with magnaflow tips, cost me $175 for all of it. I like it cause it's not loud but you can tell its a v8. It has a real low tone.

Id like to hear that, any way you could get a clip? Do you happen to remember what model of dynomax they were?

Post it up in the video clip sticky!:D

Always looking for new notes.

I got my brand new Magnaflows off Ebay for 600 bucks with free shipping back in August of 2008

Corza black dB mufflers will give you a strong muscle car feel...I checked with them and it's 400 for both mufflers and about 30bucks for exhaust tips......then about 100-300 for your shop to install.....your choice

I'll try to get a sound clip when my wife gets home with it. I have a digital camcorder but never posted a video before.
I think they were the super-turbo series, I have had them for about 6 months and they sounded a lot better after they broke in.

how much should they charge to install, i went to monroe and they told me $60 per side. i told them i only wanted them on the bottom side (huddla huddla)

Members online

Back