Girlfriend + My LS + Garage Door

Given the circumstances that could have turned out a lot worse, I wouldn't be mad at her either. So how did the car come to a stop? Did it blow right out the back of the garage too?

I wasn't there when it happened, but I'm pretty sure the door stopped the car and she backed it back out. It was only idling.

Since everyone is safe, and you don't seem extremely pissed.. is it okay to laugh now?

Yup :D

It's out of the body shop. I only had a $500 deductible and I spent a few extra hundred getting other non related stuff fixed while it was there, including a new inner wheel well that was busted up, the lower splash guard, a crack on the bumper cover, and a new molding on the bottom of the bumper cover. The cheapest new bumper cover they could find was over $2k. Damn.

They repaired the small dents in the hood that the garage door left, repainted the damaged area, blended the paint, and re shot the whole hood with clear. They even took care of a small area where the paint was cracking on the hood free of charge. There are some rock chips on the hood that just got painted over. They were pre existing so it would have cost more out of pocket to get them filled in. You can't see those unless you really look for them though. That's my only complaint small with the whole job.

They completely re primed and painted the bumper cover. They even replaced the bulbs for those two park lights in the bumper while they had it apart.

The front end of the car looks brand new with the new paint and the new plastic parts. I'm extremely pleased with Farm Bureau and the body shop, Morrill Collision Repair out of Morrill, KS. (http://www.morrillcollision.com/)

The body shop has section on their website called Auto Watch. They post pictures of all the customer's cars on it every night so you can see what your car looks like at various stages of the repair process. These are those pictures of my car. I thought that part was really cool.

5176-01.jpg

5176-02.jpg

5176-03.jpg

5176-04.jpg

5176-05.jpg

5176-06.jpg

5176-07.jpg

5176-08.jpg

Looks good. You will need to clay the rest of the car as for sure there is overspray on the non-covered sections. Rub your hand over the top and door panels. It will feel a little like sandpaper when it should feel like glass. Been there, done that.

Looks good. You will need to clay the rest of the car as for sure there is overspray on the non-covered sections. Rub your hand over the top and door panels. It will feel a little like sandpaper when it should feel like glass. Been there, done that.

Even if they wrapped the whole car? They took the picture after they cut most of it off.

Pretty weak that sprayed it while on the car.

Like LS4me said, there is def overspray.

Even if they wrapped the whole car? They took the picture after they cut most of it off.

Last time I had mine done they said they wrapped the whole car. I still found overspray on the top and deck lid.

They probably wrapped the whole car. Then removed most of the wrap for the picture. If you can't tell what make or model the car is with it being wrapped, posting the picture rally doesn't help.

I would still clay-bar the whole car. Just so the whole car shines like the hood and front bumper.

BTW Cute GF.:Beer

They probably wrapped the whole car. Then removed most of the wrap for the picture. If you can't tell what make or model the car is with it being wrapped, posting the picture rally doesn't help.

I would still clay-bar the whole car. Just so the whole car shines like the hood and front bumper.

BTW Cute GF.:Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back