Gen I LSE Skirts vs Gen II LSE Skirts...Help me decide

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
K guys so I finally completed my set of gen 1 skirts(only had a passenger's side before), and then somehow I stumbled on set of gen II LSE skirts. They're currently on their way.

So I'm trying to decide which set to keep. These are my thoughts...

The gen I LSE skirts look great with my barcelonas. And these are the wheels I will likely be keeping for a while. This combo adds a very aggressive sporty look to my LS, and definitely tells people this is not just any LS. However, with these skirts it seems the rear also needs an upgrade, but as Jrt discovered the Gen I rear valence doesn't work on the Gen II. And options for gen II rear valences are limited.

On the other hand, with gen II LSE skirts I think the LS looks a bit more refined. Unless you we're familiar with the LS you probably wouldn't notice that these are "upgraded" skirts. Also, these would much easily flow with my stock color matched rear valence. So i wouldn't have to worry about the rear. Additionally, I think the gen II LSE look flows great with a set of spokey wheels as illustrated by Tru-blu's car below. And I have my eye on a set of spokey wheels, but idk if I could part with my barcelonas so getting those wheels are a big MAYBE...or maybe i'll just have 2 sets of 19s :rolleyes:

Anyway, hoping you guys could help. I'm looking more for arguments rather than just votes. Appreciate any help guys.

Gen I skirts:
CD069CE9-51AC-4988-A9EC-88DC84178902-29672-00000B3E7ECE1CBF.jpg

8B8E96B8-4A9F-49FA-AEFA-D376A9D9194F-17135-000009C5F6718148_zps926df12b.jpg

7C82F96A-198B-44BB-B801-D83EFFB3A8D4-207-00000008033A590F-1.jpg

7F30D3DA-C3C5-47F6-A863-7D1D0FC86972-207-00000007A6BAA4E1.jpg

F0E6367C-C14D-4A48-AFA7-D7DF2DF16E83-207-00000007BFD38B13.jpg

Gen II Skirts: (Tru-Blu's car with "spokey" wheels)
67F612FE-8D6C-4F3E-96C1-7EA4BBD5A9AD-17135-000009CAA860FED3_zps52f00bbe.jpg

FE7EA02C-E80D-4AC8-B8E3-79F081505DD6-17135-000009CA9F6F759F_zps2dbd87c2.jpg

CFE61AE9-F2F8-4C81-8F55-A3F36406FD93-17135-000009CA98CD75A6_zpsb5a3e7d7.jpg

P.S. I will be selling whichever set I do not put on my car, probably by the end of the month. And no i'm not rolling in dough, I'm spending money I had budgeted for repairs -__- tsk tsk. So i'll be looking to move these quick.

Gen 1 is more of a side skirt. Gen 2 is more of a painted valance. It's really personal preference as they both look nice. The Gen2 does flow a little better with the 2nd gen LSE bumper.

I was having the same problem trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a set of Gen 1 LSE skirts. I really like the look of the Gen 1 LSE, but after looking at your photo's over and over again I still couldn't bring myself to buy the set. There just seems to be something missing and I think it's the flow from the Gen 1 LSE front bumper to the rear valance.

Although I like the Gen 1 side skirts better, they just dont flow the same without the other peices so I think i'm sticking with the Gen 2 skirts.

Gen 1 is more of a side skirt. Gen 2 is more of a painted valance. It's really personal preference as they both look nice. The Gen2 does flow a little better with the 2nd gen LSE bumper.
2 goods points. Thank you.

There just seems to be something missing and I think it's the flow from the Gen 1 LSE front bumper to the rear valance.

My thinking is along the same lines.

Just sell me the gen 1 sides so you will not have the concerns. #dibs. LOL.

Although modifying your gen 2 rear with the gen1 LSE rear valance would be a one off and set yours apart from the crowd in a subtle yet tasteful manner. I am all about custom fabrication this year. LOL.

No no no! He should keep the Gen 1 skirts and sell me the Gen 2 skirts haha

Jedi mind trick time....

"Linc....you do not want the gen 2 sides".

Did that remotely work at all? Lmao!!!

Just look how sick the gen1 lse skirts look on marcredd's ls, it all flows very well, because it finished with the rear valence. If the gen1 rear valence worked on gen2's, you could' get away with gen2 front with gen1 side skirt and gen1 rear valence, just lke marc's ls. Since you can't use the rear valence, you cant give the skirts the finishing look, it look sick if you just look at them from the front/side, but not if you look at them while looking past them towards the rear.

You can make the gen1 skirts work on a gen2 bumper, you would just need custom work, you would need to take off the 3 piece rear valence from your bumper and fill the gap between the bumper to the rear valence. I look at it a while ago and thought about making the change because of how f-ing sexy marc's ls looked.

I say, its atleast 2/3's gen1 lse ( lse skirts + lse valence) on your gen2 or 2/3's gen2 lse kit.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=84666&page=2

I personally dont care for gen one lse's. I like the gen 2 skirts better. They dont flare out.

Since you can't use the rear valence, you cant give the skirts the finishing look, it look sick if you just look at them from the front/side, but not if you look at them while looking past them towards the rear.

I agree. If you use the gen1 side kirts you have to have the rear valance or the gen1 LSE front bumper. You need the front bumper or rear valance to make them flow with the car. I say go with the Gen2 sides.

how f-ing sexy marc's ls looked.

Aint that the f-ing truth

I'm putting gen 1 lse side skirts and rear valence on my car, BUT if I had a gen 2 I would go with the gen 2 lse skirts. It flows better overall on a gen 2.

I personally dont care for gen one lse's. I like the gen 2 skirts better. They dont flare out.

smiley-score010.gif
saved me from typing it, my thoughts exactly.

Ya ur missing the flow from the sides to the rear. Go GEN 2 Sides. I have the GEN2 Front with the GEN 1 sides and rear and think it looks better then the full GEN 2. imo

I have the GEN2 Front with the GEN 1 sides and rear and think it looks better then the full GEN 2. imo

IMHO that would be the best "compromise." Though, IIRC, the Gen1 rear valance doesn't fit the Gen2 bumper.

GEN2 skirts because the GEN1 just look out of place with the smoother more refined look of the GEN2 bumpers.

Gen II LSE Skirts FTW!

Thanks guys. To be honest I had already pretty much made up my mind on the Gen II skirts, but now I'm sure.

I had given doing something custom a thought. As I mentioned in another thread, it didnt seem too difficult for the parts that flare out from the gen I rear valence to be cut out and molded onto the stock gen II valence.

Anyway, gen I skirts officially for sale. They are black. Some scuffs. Could be used as is IMO. PM me if interested, but I will be making a FS thread soon with pics.

Thanks again everyone.

I am having the same dilemma with the side skirts on my car. I plan on having the Gen 1 side skirts I bought from you awhile back painted and will be putting them on this spring. I think it will flow well with my car, maybe because it is black and the wheels stick out just a little more than yours. I don't think the lines will contrast as much with an all black car with all black wheels. I could be wrong though. If I don't like it, I can just put the original skirts back on and be fine with it. I still want to see someone modify a Gen 1 rear valance to fit a gen 2 bumper. Your car looks great with the Gen 1 skirts and will look great when you put on the gen 2 skirts. You can't lose IMO.

thanks Jrt.

I might still give it a try. Haven't talked to Rolling yet, as its not a priority, but the valence he is selling, since its broken, would be a perfect candidate for something like this.

Hopefully, he'll still have it when I have the cash to purchase.

btw did you sell your rear valence?

I seen Rollin was selling the broken one and thought the same thing. That would be perfect to modify. I did sell my rear valance, now the search begins for a new rear bumper.

I like the gen I skirts.,, your dog picture looks so sexy with the skirt on the one side.

Members online

No members online now.
Back