Gen 2 neon light ballast

87TTOPGT420

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Have a opportunity to get a working oem ballast what would one pay for a working ballast and is it worth the trouble I have my neon out and apart and can't see any problem with housing have power and ground at ballast connector both taillight and brake light

Is it worth the hassle how unreliable are these things?

glitch neon inverters are more reliable and worth a hundred bucks...used oem ones can go out anytime and are known to not last long from brand new

I have searched for the glitch one and can't seem to find a link to buy or info on it really

Well I got the ballast for money owed to me so what the heck it works now and I'm happy but still plan to get a glitch ballast so I have it ready to go

One more small issue off the list now I gotta figure out puddle lamps and LEDs in mirror blinkers

It would still be good to have one for down the road. I bought a spare glitch a couple years ago and luckily haven't had to use it yet.

Fixed
70584551.jpg

read the thread twice but the second time didnt read that post so....goat...blow one ;) :cool:

I was really just interested in the glitch ballast. He wont give me the password to the PDF to look at the install? Seems pretty dumb if you ask me. I could give two S_ _ _ s about the money he charges i just want something that is OEM and i heard doing his makes it not match the lighting when you brake. Anyone else care to chime in on that?

I have never heard of anyone being disatisfied with the Glitch ballast. I was satisfied. It is indeed adjustable. He probably just wants a purchace before handing over the password or document. the install is easy and just requires a little soldering of the pigtail wires.

Its all white measuring maybe 3-3.5"x2.5" and has some wires coming out of it.

Its all white measuring maybe 3-3.5"x2.5" and has some wires coming out of it.

Funny thing is awhile back I found the exact ballast as the glitch for like 40 bucks but never knew it was the same without any pics of the glitch ballast...so, project ended and I forgot where I found it...glitch ballast gives you less headaches with instructions included making installation a breeze...worth every penny

Yeah, if somebody did a little research i'm sure they could find which one it is.

I still don't know why he doesnt sell them on ebay though.

Bill, since your new car came with a Glitch MarkVIIIMurder should have the instructions for it. If he doesn't let me know and I will scan and email them to you as I have them from the one I installed in mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back