gen 1 vs gen 2

I have a V6 and im waiting on that guy to create mods for the V6 :) Im going to try and make a custom CAI sometime this summer in my V6.

thats cool bro let me know how that goes also does that k&n filter make any diffrence i know there is a kkm intake on lskoncepts but i question its true power it makes its almost like i can create something that will work better than that almost looks cheap imo

thats cool bro let me know how that goes also does that k&n filter make any diffrence i know there is a kkm intake on lskoncepts but i question its true power it makes its almost like i can create something that will work better than that almost looks cheap imo

The K&N adapter is a cheap welded two piece adapter. The KKM is billet! Now the tubes, you cant make any better than that. The design is right there and very basic. How ever, I have had one made that matches it flawlessly for less than half the price.

But nothing at all is cheap about it.

. If you look at tommy's sig, the best hes gotten out of his 2nd gen is a 14.5!

You can't really go by that. For one, this car doesn't see the track anywhere remotely close to my 87 LSC did. I haven't been to one since November and that was the first time in almost 6 months. Secondly, that time was with just an exhaust, KKM and not much before I had bad coils/valve cover gaskets changed by the dealer. That was also pre-tune. With a tune and my 19s, the car went 14.7s down in Georgia. But then again, the car had different wheels/tires with a slick track and a flashing check engine light due to a bad coil. One day I'll get around to getting it back there with Rob's tune on my stock wheels/tires. One day...like with everything else in life. lol

Now, stock for stock I'd go with a Gen II. Just my preference. But both with the typical three mods (exhaust, intake, tune) are pretty much a toss up as far as track time/performance goes.

It's all really what you want - different looks between the two, different amenities and what your bank account can afford.

i swapped my v6 for an ls3 and put a supercharger on it...best way to go.

its weird my friend has a gen 1 ls i believe its a 01 and its the v8 and i have a gen 2 v6 why is it that wen we race were neck and neck i know he has more power than me but its weird idk and thats me racin with the 20 and he has stocks.

Cause your buddy doesn't know how to drive! :p

Gen 2 ownes the gen 1... i have owned both....

also ILLS ran a 14.2 with just a tune... my gen 2 with the same mods would take my gen 1 by at least 3 cars.... FOR SURE!!!!

you for got that the gen 2 also has 358 gears and the better 5r55s trans!

Gen 2 ownes the gen 1... i have owned both....

also ILLS ran a 14.2 with just a tune... my gen 2 with the same mods would take my gen 1 by at least 3 cars.... FOR SURE!!!!

not from the conversation him and I had. Same mods for the both

I know the fastest times I've seen and or heard are 14.2 by ILLS and 14.3 from 02LSE..... they both have spent tons of seat time, and both were running with teh same three basic mods. If you look at tommy's sig, the best hes gotten out of his 2nd gen is a 14.5! So first gen on second gen with same mods, it comes do to the driver and not so much the car

Beg to differ (again!), Both I and 02V8Sport have run 14.2's and both of us did it on bigger (heavier) aftermarket wheels and tires. I have also run 1/8th mile times from last spring when I was living down in Charlotte that would have been 14.0-14.1 1/4 mile runs. I plan on mounting some sticky 245's to my stock wheels this spring and going after a 14.0 time slip. With the same mods there is no way a Gen 1 can match that. With a good tune (Thx to Robert!) to take away most of the TBW delay and tighten up the trans, the overall driveability and part throttle responsivenes is much better than a Gen 1.

Quit hatin' man! You know you want my flip up cup holders and center console speakers!

J/k :p

Flip up cup holders are good for conceiling your "stash" or any condoms you might be using later that night ;-)

Rob ran 14.290 with his Gen2 with the fewest mods. He had a tune and his made intake pipe with conical filter. Stock exhaust. I was there and in the lane next to him, before the Xcal though. It was with a decent 60', high 2.1. He ran 14.3s steady that day, probably near 10 times with 60's as bad as 2.2mid.

Few others have done 14.2 in Gen2s with the 3 mods, haven't seen timeslips though.

I remember zintkala posting a 1/8th mile time that would be right there.

My 14.3 on stock gearing is pretty unmatched for a Gen1 on the 3 mods. Bigpappy did a 14.5, Snakbordin did a 14.7 with me at GLD with a fair 60'. Looking at the timeslip his car was easily as fast as mine.

A Gen2 has the power advantage but the tbw disadvantage. So in a timed track event a Gen1 can get out better even hold it own for the 1/8th, 1/4 mile the Gen2 can get by.

Stock for stock the gap is bigger. I'd say .3-.6 sec. With the basic mods it gets tighter say .2-.4.

On the street a Gen2 will be stronger and pull, but its not much, doubt 3 car lengths.

4.10s make up the power difference:D

We need one of our SC / TC members to get to the track.... not that they are Gen 1 or 2 specific but still :)

2nd Gens rock, besides the lack of being able to rev the engine whenever you want for no reason. TBW isn't so great, but it works.

I don't know about the cars, but gen1 owners are definitely better.

My 14.3 on stock gearing is pretty unmatched for a Gen1 on the 3 mods. Bigpappy did a 14.5, Snakbordin did a 14.7 with me at GLD with a fair 60'. Looking at the timeslip his car was easily as fast as mine.

14.5 is the best I've seen in the first gen other than yours. I expect to be in that ball park, but have some extra things done too.

I've never driven a gen 2, but I prefer a little of each of their looks. If they would not have changed the design of the taillights, kept the original throttle cable, and kept the gen 1 e brake setup, I would say the gen 2 is the better car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back