gas for the LS!!

I know plenty of people that have thirty years of experience, and have been wrong for all thirty of them.

And, as I said before - if your knock sensor fails, your first warning that it has may be a hole in a piston. My 40+ years of experience is that engine compression is about as likely to go up with age as it is to go down.

Anyway, this whole thing is mostly a waste of time. Most people who believe that octane is not a factor for higher compression engines will never be persuaded otherwise.

lol at causing a :q:q:q:qstorm,

hey everybody lets go call this guy an idiot on everything he says, instead of correcting him or informing him on his wrong info. Also, lets call his dad an idiot and copy and paste the quickest google search we can find.

Hey now, he did say "No disrespect" :N

The only major damage i've ever had with my cars is replacing the head gasket but thats normal
how is a blown head in any way normal? i have never had to have a head gasket replaced in any of my cars and three of them have seen over 180,000 miles (then again, i always take care of my car the right way)

30 year master mechanic, hes probably doing it right don't you think?
well if he doesn't understand why a high CR motor needs "more octanes", then NO, i dont think he doing it right, he is probably just another one of those guys that just throws parts at a car until he gets his guess right. a lot has changed in the last 30 years, and the more set in stone somebody gets in there ways of doing things, the harder they are to accept change

9 more octanes wont make your engine last 5 more years than mine
wanna bet, being able to properly take care of a car has everything to do with how long it runs. and having the knock sensor kick in 100% of the time will come around to get you sooner or later.

An explosion is still an explosion, it will cause wear.
it will also cause a lot more "wear" if those explosions happen at the wrong time, like as the piston is still moving up, can you say bye bye connecting rod?

also has anyone mentioned that relying on a knock sensor to save your motor every day of its life, is just plain stupid? you would have much better luck if you played Russian roulette with a semi-auto pistol.

how is a blown head in any way normal? i have never had to have a head gasket replaced in any of my cars and three of them have seen over 180,000 miles (then again, i always take care of my car the right way)

well if he doesn't understand why a high CR motor needs "more octanes", then NO, i dont think he doing it right, he is probably just another one of those guys that just throws parts at a car until he gets his guess right. a lot has changed in the last 30 years, and the more set in stone somebody gets in there ways of doing things, the harder they are to accept change

wanna bet, being able to properly take care of a car has everything to do with how long it runs. and having the knock sensor kick in 100% of the time will come around to get you sooner or later.

it will also cause a lot more "wear" if those explosions happen at the wrong time, like as the piston is still moving up, can you say bye bye connecting rod?

also has anyone mentioned that relying on a knock sensor to save your motor every day of its life, is just plain stupid? you would have much better luck if you played Russian roulette with a semi-auto pistol.

never replaced head gasket? you best be joking. Im not even going to begin on how much of a lie that is.

How exactly do you care for your head gasket? They ALL wear over time, theres almost no preventive maintenance on this except keeping your car cool but it will still fail. OEM head gaskets are cheaply made.

Not just because he got his degree 30 years ago means he stops learning. Thats part of the job, adapting to newer technology. He's a very well respected mechanic, trust me when i say he has his rep.

Knock sensors are rare to fail so i will never worry about it.

That is all.

not a lie at all, i have never had a head gasket fail. ever. hell i have never had to remove the heads for anything other than building a motor up

if my car ever starts to overheat i stop it immediately, as to not let the heads got too hot and blow a gasket.

do you also replace your exhaust gaskets? how about you main seal? intake gasket?

also the reason knock sensors rarely ever fail, is because if you motor is functioning properly, there should never be any knock to detect, knock is a problem, the sensors are there to protect the motor IF the motor is pinging, if your motor is pinging, it is because either you or your motor has a problem

i have replaced a transmission pan gasket or two after pulling the pan for service, but that is about it.

dont you think your piss poor maintenance of your cars may have something to do with it?

I commend UglyLS, actually. It takes a brave man to argue against scientific facts.

not a lie at all, i have never had a head gasket fail. ever. hell i have never had to remove the heads for anything other than building a motor up

if my car ever starts to overheat i stop it immediately, as to not let the heads got too hot and blow a gasket.

do you also replace your exhaust gaskets? how about you main seal? intake gasket?

also the reason knock sensors rarely ever fail, is because if you motor is functioning properly, there should never be any knock to detect, knock is a problem, the sensors are there to protect the motor IF the motor is pinging, if your motor is pinging, it is because either you or your motor has a problem

i have replaced a transmission pan gasket or two after pulling the pan for service, but that is about it.

dont you think your piss poor maintenance of your cars may have something to do with it?

My maintenance isn't crappy, it's average. Yours is just too high

I replace all my gaskets after 100k miles or as soon as i buy the car and it has no service history. Even if you don't let it overheat, the gasket is still getting hot, and after a while it expands and lets water in your oil.

You do want with your car and ill do what i want, there was no need for you to insult my father, i can take an insult toward me but a family member is a whole different story. Im not the type that bashes others online because i know it doesn't lead anywhere.

You do want with your car and ill do what i want, there was no need for you to insult my father, i can take an insult toward me but a sibling is a whole different story.

Your dad is your brother? It's all making sense now...

I replace all my gaskets after 100k miles or as soon as i buy the car and it has no service history. Even if you don't let it overheat, the gasket is still getting hot, and after a while it expands and lets water in your oil.

You do want with your car and ill do what i want, there was no need for you to insult my father, i can take an insult toward me but a family member is a whole different story. Im not the type that bashes others online because i know it doesn't lead anywhere.

I've never had to replace a head gasket either. While I haven't kept any cars past about 300K miles, I do know of fleets of Crown Vics that are still going pretty good when they are retired at 500K miles, and with no head gasket replacement or major engine tear down.

There are some engines that are known for head gasket problems, but generally, Ford V8s won't blow a head gasket unless you seriously overheat them, usually more than once.

going against the requirements is not average, crappy maintenance would be using the wrong gas some of the time, using the wrong specified fluid ALL of the time would fall under the piss poor category.

Even if you don't let it overheat, the gasket is still getting hot
yes and it was designed to do this, im pretty sure the engineers thought about the temps that the motor would see before they designed the gaskets

and after a while it expands and lets water in your oil.
thats an interesting story, i dont have, nor have i ever had a problem with water mixing in with my oil.

i do find it interesting, that you refuse to pay a small amount extra to receive the proper fuel, but you will waste countless hours and money yanking off the heads just to replace gaskets that are fine (unless you only buy sh!t cars that have been abused their whole life)

there was no need for you to insult my father, i can take an insult toward me but a family member is a whole different story.
well if he either is telling you that there is no reason for more octanes, or doesn't understand why a higher flash point is important in certain engines, then yes, there is a need

My ability to post to this thread with constructive posts has faded. So on that note, I present you this:

n725075089-288918-2774.jpg

It was the third thing google returned :D

High octane only

Use the required gas octane or better. I know, I own the V6. It runs like crap on anything less.

my father always told me theres no use in putting better octane gas in a 11 year old engine, putting anything higher will just be a waste. I have never ran anything than the lowest octane in any of my cars,because they are used. You guys over-exaggerate, just like how i've read on here that you should only use synthetic. Cheap HEB oil for me. Never had a problem. The only major damage i've ever had with my cars is replacing the head gasket but thats normal

Almost every car has a label that says to pump the highest octanes.

Unless the car is less than 5 years old, i would never pump higher octane gas, or use expensive oil.
Actually, almost anything I'd say about your father's advice would be profane. So I'll try to tone it down and just say, "That's F---ing stupid.":rolleyes:

KS

ROFL joe, good catch. if you dont know what a rivet is, you probably dont have any business working on a car.

Thanks for the chuckles, UglyLS. :)

*goes out to look for some head gaskets to change*

everybodys extremely hard headed in here, about the rivet post: what does that have to do with being a mechanic? i know my way around the engine. Never have i had a door handle snap on me, except on this over engineered piece of crap. Besides, i try to do things on my own so running to daddy like you think i do is something i rarely do, especially when it comes to replacing a door handle.Dad wasn't home anyways, wanted to get it replaced right there so i thought id get some posts or something since nobody had ever made one.

Whoever thinks a head gasket lasts 500k miles is dumb. Keep eating Loud ls's theories, because after all he is a mechanic right? he works on cars every single day right?I actually thought this site had some mechanics, but instead they just read stickers and believe what you are told.
Last post, its getting pretty useless posting anything here. Loud ls posts something and his little drones come out and suuuck his diiiiick "öh yeah LOL loud ls he is stupid"
"good catch there bro, i dont really know what you are saying but it sounds smart so youre right as hell"
Also where do you buy this magic 500k mile head gasket because id like to get in on it HAHAHAHAHAHA
Please tell me you are 16 because then i'd understand you're bearly learning the engine, if not then LOL.

y_mad.jpg

well since you talked so much :q:q:q:q too probably the best ppl on here to ask questions on the lincoln ls good luck trying to get any help in the future

so just leave this fourm now while you still have some diginity and grasshopper may the force be with you unless you are in your ls than let the :q:q:q:qin thing fall apart

and your door handle came off cuz you dont use 91 or higher duh everyone knows that hahahaha

Please tell me you are 16 because then i'd understand you're bearly learning the engine, if not then LOL.

How do you know I'm 16? Your mom been telling you stories about me again? :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back