G-Rell's Go Kart Build

I'll let you guys know when its motor swap time!!!!

Yeah.. I'll see if I can get a pulley on the stator shaft... that seems like the best option right now for driving this... or i'll take a closer look at the torque converter (of the crank before the converter).. maybe an option there too...

Meanwhile... seats ordered (here Thurs) and new shaft came today... starting soon

s-l500_zpsi2a12aee.jpg

Seriously, where do I paypal $5 so that the horn plays some Ludacris?!?!?!

With all your help... a free video of Luda will be the first to be posted!!!!!!

yeah see those seats, it's gonna need a bigger motor.

Just buy a wrecked 400-something ATV and transplant the engine already. LOL

... waiting on new spacers for reverse kit

but tackled seats

OLD:
20160521_202059_zps6ywvguip.jpg

NEW

20160602_175309_zpswep1cewu.gif

20160604_115825_zpschlhyrnn.jpg

20160604_115844_zpsekmfpqeb.jpg

with sliders

20160604_115839_zpslfxe846r.jpg

plenty of slide forward (for younger riders)

20160604_115940_zpsp5jb1d63.jpg

I'll have to weld in some protection for the end of the seat rail...no biggie

He's diggin it

20160604_120015_zpssoookdp7.jpg

Moved on to wheels... (3 of the 4 were weathered/cracked and leaking)

20160604_121446_zpsycldalpv.jpg

Shirt was fitting

20160604_143052_zps5rvab1eo.jpg

cleaned scuffed and striped

20160604_144820_zpsy3hv4o1n.jpg

Hung

20160605_171422_zpshgqylpan.jpg

Primed

83c7b223-d990-428e-bdfd-e0d4d4637d48_zpskv5xgszd.jpg

Painted

20160605_191157_zpsf7nmepfc.jpg

20160605_191228_zpskesit1eh.jpg

Done... even squeezed in a A BBQ, practice and a haircut!!!

It's a high gloss industrial enamel... hoping with a 4 day cure.. I can mount the new tires without too much damage... (we'll see)

20160605_191132_zpsbjpb6paz.jpg

... Done... even squeezed in a A BBQ, practice and a haircut!!!

Stop it! you're tiring me out. That's too much in one day, I'd be having a beer right after painting. Then the "nap".

Great work you two on those seats, they look tops!

Quick update:

reverse gearbox in
Linkage in
new axle sprocket in...

20160606_201034_zpsriaamruu.jpg

20160606_201045_zps8cu4vabx.jpg

20160606_205546_zpsbrc6jn9a.jpg

20160606_215740_zpssutixi3l.jpg

It was too late to start it last night, so I'll try it out tonight... then wait to mount tires, install wheels and exhaust....and go for a ride.

Looks good, coming along nicely.

Be sure to reinstall the oil pan gasket before running it! :p

Looks good, coming along nicely.

Be sure to reinstall the oil pan gasket before running it! :p

I'm pretty sure that's just a belt guard (dry, no oil). It's probably gasketed to keep mud and water out.

Was an inside joke Joe ... him and Hite forgot a very important gasket when they reinstalled the pan back onto his first GEN LS. Dumped new oil all over G's new garage floor.

Was an inside joke Joe ... him and Hite forgot a very important gasket when they reinstalled the pan back onto his first GEN LS. Dumped new oil all over G's new garage floor.

I got ya...

although that did not ACTUALLY happen... IIRC it was more of a fear that Hite MIGHT do that if he worked at my house...

^ 10-4 on the fear of near event. Had caught onto the tease some time ago.

Thus ... At Hite's customs, WE CAN MAKE IT DO THAT !!!

As always, we're running out of time...

Got the reverse kit in and working, seats and harnesses done..etc.

We/ Kart leaves Saturday (after tournament) for first trip. HAD to get it painted this weekend to cure in time (Rained all day Sunday).

So... didn't have time to fully strip it as planned, but the finish came out really good!!!

Once seats are back in and rear painted (black...tonight) I'll get some more. Just going to install new LED headlights for now... then go "big" after Co. trip.

20160625_164951_zpsbeykqzx6.jpg

20160625_180506_zpskmzpenr9.jpg

20160625_180511_zpskbx3qzhb.jpg

I ordered ramps to get it in the truck... then the boy reminded me about the wheel base .... should make loading and unloading interesting!!!

Just climb up in the truck, lift up the front end, and tell the boy to give it some gas. What's the worse that could happen? :D

I think I remember seeing a few references about spills between those two.

When I replaced my lower pan gasket, I figured I'd try to salvage and reuse the 50 mile oil (changed when they used a FelPro gasket, still leaked, decided to try the Motorcraft one)

"I'll just rubber band a coffee filter on top of the catch jug and drain the oil slowly"

Let's just say use the coffee filter to transfer oil from the jug to another jug after you drain the engine. Assuming oil will even properly go through the filter

As always, we're running out of time...

Got the reverse kit in and working, seats and harnesses done..etc.

We/ Kart leaves Saturday (after tournament) for first trip. HAD to get it painted this weekend to cure in time (Rained all day Sunday).

So... didn't have time to fully strip it as planned, but the finish came out really good!!!

Once seats are back in and rear painted (black...tonight) I'll get some more. Just going to install new LED headlights for now... then go "big" after Co. trip.

20160625_164951_zpsbeykqzx6.jpg

20160625_180506_zpskmzpenr9.jpg

20160625_180511_zpskbx3qzhb.jpg

I ordered ramps to get it in the truck... then the boy reminded me about the wheel base .... should make loading and unloading interesting!!!

Nice pic of you and your friend!! :)

I see I'm not the only one battling the yellow dry lawn issue. Been keeping the water to the front lawn in the evenings and mornings, wife giving it a go as well while I'm away. (have a week off this week) So far the front lawn stays green but our back yard is dry and yellowing. Need more rain.

Yeah, super dry/hot here lately, funny you mention it.... once we finished the white and pushed it back to the garage, I worked on the sprinklers.

As you can see its (somewhat) green everywhere but the middle. Turns out that head wasn't spinning like it was suppose to. Fixed now... She also made me adjust the fronts because (it was getting the truck wet) so adjusted those as well

Black done on the rear of the cart!

Baseball tonight, Everything back together Wednesday, Baseball Thursday, Friday, Saturday and hopefully Sunday... Then load it up for vacation!

If it weren't for weeds I wouldn't have a lawn. LOL!

I'll work on the yard after I get done remodeling the :
-Main Bathroom
-Living Room
-Second Bathroom/Pantry
-Master Bedroom
-Kitchen

... I guess I'm just building a new house. :)

I will invent a 12mo synthetic grass seed !!!! ... seed, grows a bit, cut once, dissolves after 9 months!

honestly, I don't mind my yellowish grass right now, means I can usually skip a week in between mowing!

Several years back the Google street view car drives by my neighborhood, I'm like ... couldn't make a pass when we had green lawns, you must stop by during a drought and snap pics of my yellow dried out lawn, seriously!

Members online

Back