Funny Political Quotes Free-for-all

"I also understand how tender the free enterprise system can be."—George Bush - White House press conference, Washington, D.C., July 9, 2002

Tender and loving...like the soft touch of mama bush...no no...don't hit me mama...not the brush again mama!!!

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."

Bill Clinton

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."—George Bush - as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."—George Bush - Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

Guess he forgot the day that will live in infamy

Al Gore

One thousand billion million trillion...

Oct. 25 2000 JACKSON, Tenn. (Reuters) — Criticizing Bush's Social Security privatization plan at a rally in Tennessee, Gore said, "He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers."

A trillion is one thousand billion, not a million billion.

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region."—George Bush - Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a—a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."—George Bush - Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And—but first things first. The—these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework—the groundwork—not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the—all right."—George Bush - Referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."—George Bush - Rome, July 22, 2001

"Our nation must come together to unite."—George Bush - Tampa, Fla., June 4, 2001

Unite for unity today!

In case raVeneyes, Fossten and Vitas are wondering, I deleted all posts that did not 'conform' to the spirit of the thread. Much nicer to read now in my opinion. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."—George Bush - Philadelphia, May 14, 2001

We need more fatal shootings NOW! Vote Bush for a higher body count!

Calabrio said:
"I, William Jefferson Clinton, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"

Bill Clinton, January 20, 1993, 1997
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

"I'm a big, ahh, Red Sox fan. I tell ya'.... Manny Ortez is a great hitter..."- John Kerry. Fvcking idiot :rolleyes:

"You're looking....you're looking at the biggest cheesehead in America today!" -John Kerry

"You said something I didn't say, now shove it!"- Theresa Kerry

"I was soooo exhausted from the campaign that I couldn't even go skiing at our home in the mountains. I just sat and read the whole time" -Theresa Kerry :rolleyes: Moron.

"Temporary guest workers..." - Geroge W. Bush

"There you go... Why don't we just ask Osama Bin La uh Osama Obama uh Obama whats his, since he won by such a big amount." -Ted Kennedy CLIP

"Hello?....Hello?" - Ted Kennedy CLIP

"I have to say of course, that there are some things that are current today thats sweeping the country that I haven't had time to get familliar with... Pac-man for example... I asked about it and someone told me it was a round thing that gobbled up money. I thought that was Tip O'neil." - Ronald Regan :D Great one!

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"- Howard Dean

"Vast right-wing conspiracy" - Hillary Clinton

"I invented the Internet" - Al Gore

"Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat" -???

"Go f##k yourself!"

to Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy for criticizing Halliburton’s no-bid contracts.

Dick Cheney

(and it's the liberal's that resort to name calling?)

It's easy being a humorist when you've got the whole government working for you. - Wil rogers

Under Democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. - H. L. Mencken

95DevilleNS said:
"Go f##k yourself!"

to Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy for criticizing Halliburton’s no-bid contracts.

Dick Cheney

(and it's the liberal's that resort to name calling?)

Setting aside for the moment that this isn't even remotely funny, you have completely misrepresented what Leahy said, and did, that led to Cheney's well justified retort.

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"If we don´t succeed, we run the risk of failure". George W. Bush

RB3 said:
Setting aside for the moment that this isn't even remotely funny, you have completely misrepresented what Leahy said, and did, that led to Cheney's well justified retort.

I'm sorry, I should of posted some asinine comment from B. Clinton, H. Clinton or Kerry I'm sure you would of found that funny.

I misrepresented what Leahy said? I said he criticized Cheney, if you know exactly what happened, please do tell.

95DevilleNS said:
I'm sorry, I should of posted some asinine comment from B. Clinton, H. Clinton or Kerry I'm sure you would of found that funny.

I misrepresented what Leahy said? I said he criticized Cheney, if you know exactly what happened, please do tell.

Or perhaps if you'd posted something funny, I would have found it funny.

I'd be happy to tell you what really happened. Leahy had recently launched in the Senate yet another fact challenged diatribe against Halliburton, that favorite punching bag of the left. Then, at a Senate photo session, while Cheney was minding his own business and talking to fellow Republicans, Leahy approached him and began needling him about only talking to Republicans, as if they were old friends. Cheney responded by telling Leahy that he didn't appreciate Leahy's attack on Halliburton, which caused Leahy to launch yet another diatribe, this one about Republicans being Anti-Catholic. And that's when Cheney, who had had enough, told him where to go.

Of course, all the needling and criticism of Cheney and Halliburton was left out of the press accounts at the time, and the fact that Leahy forced his commentary on Cheney during a photo session. Making it appear that Cheney had somehow launched an unprovoked attack on Leahy.

Leahy to his credit, said only afterwords that he thought Cheney must have had a bad day. I think perhaps at that point Leahy realized (correctly) that his behavior had provoked Cheney's remark.

"It is the responsibility of the citizens to support their government. It is not the responsibility of the government to support its citizens." Grover Cleveland

" Hello Neil and Buzz. I'm talking to you by telephone from the Oval Room at the White House, and this certainly has been the most historic telephone call ever made" Richard Nixon

Members online

No members online now.
Back