Fuel Pump Repair Kit on Ebay

Never heard of a repair kit. Would be cool if there was a $40 fix for the pump though.

I went to like 3 auto parts and all of them wanted to sell me the repair kit. So I'm guessing that it's fine just to replace these parts.

Well, I decided to order this fuel pump and received it today morning and installed it as soon as i got it. It was a fairly easy job to do, just removing the two fuel lines can be a little bit of a pain if you don't know how to do it, but it's fairly easy once you remove the 1st one. You just need to press on both little clips at the same time and pull up the fuel line. Also putting back the blue ring can be a pain but you just have to keep on trying till it screws back in correctly. I'll keep you guys posted to see how well these ebay fuel pump repair kits work, but changing my fuel pump for 43.00 bucks is a slick deal. Hopefully, I don't have any problems with it soon even though it says it comes with a one-year warranty.

Well, I decided to order this fuel pump and received it today morning and installed it as soon as i got it. It was a fairly easy job to do, just removing the two fuel lines can be a little bit of a pain if you don't know how to do it, but it's fairly easy once you remove the 1st one. You just need to press on both little clips at the same time and pull up the fuel line. Also putting back the blue ring can be a pain but you just have to keep on trying till it screws back in correctly. I'll keep you guys posted to see how well these ebay fuel pump repair kits work, but changing my fuel pump for 43.00 bucks is a slick deal. Hopefully, I don't have any problems with it soon even though it says it comes with a one-year warranty.

I'm about to go down this street now. I am about to go try to remove the fuel lines. What I need to know is how did you remove the blue plastic ring that is holding it all in place?

Last edited:
Using SEARCH I found this thread from two weeks ago: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=60707&highlight=fuel+pump

If not, there are a lot more threads that should help.

I used SEARCH and read about 50 posts. That's how I found this one in the first place. As you can see I'm not new here. I've been on here longer than most, including you, so I know how things are supposed to be done.

Nobody has explained how to actually remove the big blue fuel pump ring WITHOUT using the 'specialized' tool to remove it. It won't budge at all but I know that there has to be another way to get this frickin thing off.

I cut a piece of bar metal from home depot - and bend each end down at a 90 degree - so it fits across the top of the blue ring and the bend end lock onto the grooves. You then grab the center of it with some big plyers to get leverage and twist..... make sure you do not create any sparks, and have all the hoses, electrical undone and tucked away. I used vacuum caps to cap off and plug the lines and openings in the pump top.

IMAGE_00058.jpg

you have to cut the OE fuel line off the pump - so to replace it you have to use the proper fuel line.

if you use rubber fuel hose - it needs to be J30R10 hose (it can be submerged in the tank) - regular fuel line is not meant to be in gas, the outter casing deteriorates, bloats up and falls apart. YOu can buy J30R10 hose from Gates - it's nearly $20 per foot.

My second time - I used the actual same hose as stock. here - > http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/kits.html the flex hose comes in 8" and 15" - much, much, much better solution.

Members online

No members online now.
Back