Front skinnies?

I thought you just use a couple of spares for the front? don't they have sizes on them?

Jibit said:
I thought you just use a couple of spares for the front? don't they have sizes on them?

They are T125/70D16. You might run 'em down the track, but I'm not goin' to. :p

driller said:
They are T125/70D16. You might run 'em down the track, but I'm not goin' to. :p

although you're talking to a guy that drove on Nitto DR's through winter :rolleyes: Maybe I should try them :D

How 'bout these?

Description

175R16 - Dunlop Trident Taxi Blackwall

Details

SKU: 66235
Construction: 6 ply rated poly/steel tubeless
Load Capacity: 1653 @ 54 psi
Overall Diameter: 26.97
Tread Width: 4.60

Universal Tire

All the skinnies are for mostly 15s, and oddly 17 & 18s. That would work perhaps, is it speed rated? As long as it doesn't look like a temp I doubt you'd get a second look. Does that need a tube?

You got a set of aluminum SC space saver spare wheels don't ya.

Edit: says tubeless, and 54psi...perfect.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
All the skinnies are for mostly 15s, and oddly 17 & 18s. That would work perhaps, is it speed rated? As long as it doesn't look like a temp I doubt you'd get a second look. Does that need a tube?

You got a set of aluminum SC space saver spare wheels don't ya.

Edit: says tubeless, and 54psi...perfect.

I'd have to contact them for more details, but I'm thinking as a 'taxi' tire, it's pretty tough and the load rating is good for a tire that size.

Sounds a hell of a lot safer than the temp spares. I'd need ice skates in hell before I tried that one and I've drivin on one at 85 on the freeway. I felt like impending doom was upon me.

I picked these up from www.rogerkrausracing.com

mini-DSC01352.jpg

mini-DSC01354.jpg

mini-DSC01355.jpg

mini-DSC01356.jpg

They are vintage Dunlop Racing 550-16 tires. They have a diameter if 27.1 inches and a tread width of 4.2 inches. I weighed them at 16 pounds each. They are a Dunlop "204" compound which is very hard and should result in minimum rolling resistance.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Crossssss-pliiiiesssss ......

I think I'll go and lie down now.

Pulling this back up for the info.

Noticed in my recent Summit Catalog that Race Master and Coker Tire both make a 16" front runner now.

So now ya know.

That is good news... I have one aluminum front spare and am looking for a front to make into a set of drag wheels!

Out of the trunk of a Mark VIII...

I had two more that I scrapped last summer, stupid stupid stupid.....

in a mark kid? mines steel. midwestbird has a collection of the 15" aluminum spare wheels, there are commonly found in tbird supercoupes

That a gen 2 thing chicken? Cos I just checked mine and it's aluminum.

Ya, I never knew gen 2's had a steelie. Mind, space savers are crap anyway. Wish the car came with a properly sized well and a normal full size spare.

Members online

No members online now.
Back