Forward Strut Rod Spacers

I'm almost done with another batch of 4 sets, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
3 sets left in this batch.

Remember that the holes in the stock forward washers must be enlarged to 1" to use my sleeves. If you don't have the means to do this yourself, I'll do it for you N/C, just send me the washers first so I can ship them back with the sleeves.

Click HERE to buy.

Last edited:
Only 1 set left in this batch. I've ordered materials to make more, but it'll be a while before they're ready to ship.

I have two sets boxed and ready to ship now, and I'm working on another 4 sets.

Please remember that the holes in the stock forward washers must be enlarged to 1" to use my sleeves. If you don't have the means to do this yourself, I'll do it for you N/C, just send me the washers first so I can ship them back with the sleeves.

Click HERE to buy.

Doug, is it neccesary to enlarge to hole in the washer? or can you just put it in the back of the washer?

Doug, is it neccesary to enlarge to hole in the washer? or can you just put it in the back of the washer?

If you were to put the sleeve behind the washer then the crush on the bushings wouldn't be correct, it would be too loose. They need to be installed the way that I designed them.

Last edited:
Those may come in handy, I'm going to try to gain access to my friend's machine lathe first, as I'm not rich.
I replaced my SRB's last year with a set of the Moog blue urethane ones. I have a baaaaad power steering leak, and it friggin ate the driver side forward bushing. I called moog, and was told that the urethane should stand up to oil better than rubber. I said no, and in fact I put my worn rubber originals back on for the time being. I am going to order the bushings from the dealership tomorrow, I had no idea they were so inexpensive. Luckily I saved my spacers and washers from the original set (cuz I'm a pack rat)

I've sold 2 of the four sets that I just finished, 2 are still available.

Please remember that the holes in the stock forward washers must be enlarged to 1" to use my sleeves. If you don't have the means to do this yourself, I'll do it for you N/C, just send me the washers first so I can ship them back with the sleeves.

Click HERE to buy.

Although I've offered to machine the forward washers to work with my stainless strut rod sleeves, if you send them to me first, I realize that's not very practical for most people.

I have a pair of forward washers that I've bead blasted, machined to work with my spacers, and repainted with a coat of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and a coat of Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black paint.

If purchased along with a set of my sleeves, the cost is $50. And I'll refund $30 if you return your stock forward washers to me within 30 days.

HPIM4336.jpg

I currently have only one set boxed and ready to ship.

Click HERE to buy.

Please remember that the holes in the stock forward washers must be enlarged to 1" to use my stainless steel sleeves. If you don't have the means to do this yourself, I'll do it for you N/C, just send me the washers first so I can ship them back with the sleeves.

OR

I have a pair of forward washers that I've bead blasted, machined to work with my spacers, and repainted with a coat of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and a coat of Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black paint. If purchased along with a set of my sleeves, the cost is $50. And I'll refund $30 if you return your stock forward washers to me within 30 days.

Last edited:
I currently have only one set boxed and ready to ship.

Click HERE to buy.

Please remember that the holes in the stock forward washers must be enlarged to 1" to use my stainless steel sleeves. If you don't have the means to do this yourself, I'll do it for you N/C, just send me the washers first so I can ship them back with the sleeves.

OR

I have a pair of forward washers that I've bead blasted, machined to work with my spacers, and repainted with a coat of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and a coat of Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black paint. If purchased along with a set of my sleeves, the cost is $50. And I'll refund $30 if you return your stock forward washers to me within 30 days.

This last set has been sold, but I am working on another batch.

3 sets in this batch, boxed and ready to ship

Click HERE to buy.

OR

Forward Strut Rod Spacers - still available?

Hello DLF,

I was referred to you by Mike Burk at Bob Wondries Ford. He said that you were selling strut rod bushing spacer (E9SZ-3B282-A/B) replacements that are now discontinued by Ford. I have a '96 Thunderbird Sport 4.6L which is still in great shape, but I need my bushings replaced. I was able to get the OEM Ford bushings, but I still need the spacers.

So I was hoping (praying!) that you still are selling these parts. If I get the OEM washers (3A141A/B) and send them to you, would you be able to sell me two sets (one for the LHS and one for the RHS)? Is the cost still $175+shipping per set? Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Rich Saisho
Montebello, CA

Rich,

Doug passed away some time ago. There are others producing these parts now, and I'm sure they'll chime in here shortly.

98lincmk7lsc makes a real nice stainless set, plus can send you a set of forward washers reamed to the new required hole size

Spacers in pic, washers not shown
IMG_20140513_151202805.jpg

Hello DLF,

I was referred to you by Mike Burk at Bob Wondries Ford. He said that you were selling strut rod bushing spacer (E9SZ-3B282-A/B) replacements that are now discontinued by Ford. I have a '96 Thunderbird Sport 4.6L which is still in great shape, but I need my bushings replaced. I was able to get the OEM Ford bushings, but I still need the spacers.

So I was hoping (praying!) that you still are selling these parts. If I get the OEM washers (3A141A/B) and send them to you, would you be able to sell me two sets (one for the LHS and one for the RHS)? Is the cost still $175+shipping per set? Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Rich Saisho
Montebello, CA

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately, DLF passed away about a year ago. However, I purchased his equipment and plans from his widow and have been producing the parts that he used to sell for about the last 6 months or so. Feel free to give Mike my information once we make a deal.

I can make you as many sets of these as you'd like, and you're in luck, as I only charge $135 shipped for each set. One set includes all you need for one car. If you're able to send me a set of washers beforehand, I can drill them for you free of charge.

You're welcome to PM through here if you have any more questions. :)

Are you still doing these? I am in need of a complete set of sleeves, rubber, and washers.

I have fallen, and can't get up. :) Too much wear in my Strut Rod Bushing to take it down the strip this Spring. Streetable, but too much play for 1/4 runs.

Any Kits Available?

shoot him 98lincmk7lsc a PM. he may not see this for a while.
he's also on facebook.

Members online

Back