Fold in air shock and rolled up as well

So I called my dealer this morning and they quoted me 183 for the right front air shock. Is there a way I can put the air bladder from my arnott one on it?

$375 for the bladder
183 for the shock
other dealer said 533 for whole assembly.
I need to get some lube before I go order that one...

what?
the air shock is one piece. the air bladder does not come separate.

375 is about the price for the whole assembly.

thay's right.... it sucks, I am not sure what the dealership is giving you - but it is one unit, you can't dissect it and re-assemble... trust me... I know, I'd have done it 4 or 6 bags ago....

thay's right.... it sucks, I am not sure what the dealership is giving you - but it is one unit, you can't dissect it and re-assemble... trust me... I know, I'd have done it 4 or 6 bags ago....

Well, that's not entirely true, if we're talking about OEM Gen 2 shocks. ;)

HPIM2573.jpg

Well interestingly enough, my person at the Ford dealership, is the one who told me $533. It was a Lincoln/Mercury dealer that told me they had separate parts. He was fully aware it was a 1995 LSC as well. Dunno.
So if I get some second gen bags for my car, will they work fine? Does anyone make replacement shocks to put in them?

Well interestingly enough, my person at the Ford dealership, is the one who told me $533. It was a Lincoln/Mercury dealer that told me they had separate parts. He was fully aware it was a 1995 LSC as well. Dunno.
So if I get some second gen bags for my car, will they work fine? Does anyone make replacement shocks to put in them?

2nd gen air shocks fit first gens.

Get one from American air
Eddie is great with customer care
that is if you don't want to spend the money on factory stuff

Yeah, can't really afford the factory stuff right now. Plus I catch enough crap for spending money on this car without spending $550 on an air shock.
I think my rear bags and compressor may be from american air.

As soon as I have the money laying around, I intend to buy a strutmasters coil conversion. I'm not going to install it, I'll keep it around in case I have a serious problem again. I can't go another 2-3 weeks without my car, Texas is just too damn big for that.
I may also look into modifying the kit, as I've seen some people on here do.

Well, that's not entirely true, if we're talking about OEM Gen 2 shocks. ;)
Hey - I have one of those! Funny can't seen to part with the old bag. Now, if it's not entirely true that you can't tear down and put a bag back together, show me how to fix it and put it back together and I will have a rebuilt OEM!... hummm unless the "put back together" was the entirely true (and most important part of!) not being able to take apart and put back together to where you have a properly functioning OEM bag? hehehe

I removed all the air from the spring, and got the crease out, but now the bottom of the spring rolled up and I can see the metal band that holds the rubber to the metal on the bottom. Any ideas on how to fix this??

HOW DID YOU DO THIS!!!! Sthil and I performed an exorcism on the bag that I took off Tux - folded and bulged just like yours - it was like trying to reverse a circumcision!!!

ONE OF THE TOP BOLTS ON THE BAG WAS BENT ABOUT 1/4" DUE TO THE BULGE!!!!

ARNOTT SHOULD BE SUED!

So just an update, Arnott called me back and told me they tested the shock, and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Really?

Members online

No members online now.
Back