Fold in air shock and rolled up as well

MKVIIRIP

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm going to spare you the details of all the junk I've gone through with my air ride system, but the matter at hand has to do with changing a lower front control arm I suppose. I did so about a month or two ago. I jacked my car up to change the oil and notice the Right front air spring had creased about half way up. It looked like the middle of the spring was being pushed rearward.
I removed all the air from the spring, and got the crease out, but now the bottom of the spring rolled up and I can see the metal band that holds the rubber to the metal on the bottom. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Pic would indeed help. Usually when they are pumped full of air they adjust correctly. When I got my new ones they looked weird. Then I got some air in them.

I am more concerned about you bag being "bent", if I am reading that right.

he put one up on facebook.

335412_10150378537264166_511589165_8129655_389913474_o.jpg

I've had that very thing happen to my POS Arnott shocks.

Yeah, I am considering taking it off and opening it up, assuming I can find someone who can re seal it.

I have a good used one sitting in my living room. My wife would love for you to have it. lol :D

If it's still under warranty, send it back and get a new one. I had to do that a couple of months ago and had no problems.

They no longer stock them. Their supplier was (obviously) providing some inferior parts.

I have a good used one sitting in my living room. My wife would love for you to have it. lol :D

Excellent, it must be in good shape if it was welcomed into the house. lol. How much do you think it would be, including shipping to Houston, Texas?
Budget is extremely tight right now, which is why I'm hunting a used part of course.

They no longer stock them. Their supplier was (obviously) providing some inferior parts.

????

I don't understand. Are you saying Arnott doesn't stock front air shocks for the Mark VIII anymore? If you bought it less than 12 months ago, they have to honor their warranty. If they don't stock them any more, then they should refund your money.

pm or call me. I pulled this off my black car right after buying it. I don't do air ride. My springs don't go flat. :D

????

I don't understand. Are you saying Arnott doesn't stock front air shocks for the Mark VIII anymore? If you bought it less than 12 months ago, they have to honor their warranty. If they don't stock them any more, then they should refund your money.

Correct, they no longer carry them. I bought it 06-06-11
I've been on the phone with them trying to solve this. They wanted me to purchse their coil spring conversion. I don't have money for that, and if I did, I'd still want to custom build my suspension setup.
(they told me they don't refund money on parts that have been installed)
I told them it was a special circumstance, and they shouldn't call themselves the "leader in air suspension" without these parts. I'm not trying to be slanderous, but I'm kinda miffed right now.

Yeah he is sure - I talked with them last night. MK - aren't you the same guy in facebook who I have been posting with? I saw your post & pic of bag, it looks just like mine.

Well the guy said they are trying to get the bag removed from the website. Mine are a few years old so I can't get any $ back. And of course he offered up a conversion kit, I requested a discount on it and he said he would (like I posted in facebook). My 95's will both be getting converted, have not ordered the kits yet though, now would be a good time. You happy rich?

If Tux keeps it up, should I say down, he will get converted to.

Miffed - not even close to what I am feeling now.

Good luck hottie!! I am still trying to figure out what's up with the lines.... but that is another thread..

SMOOCHES!

MsM8

Wow. That sux. I guess I got my warranty replacement just in time! I guess I'd better start saving up for som OEM's...

Just crossing my fingers the ones I have now last a couple more years.

So American Air gets them from other companies? I'm trying to get to shop today so I can pull bag off and get it in todays mail. I really want to find a temporary bag for not very much, as it will be TEMPORARY. I do need something reliable, and hopefully near Houston.
I intend to either order a new one from somewhere, or do a conversion soon, but I need to get the car driveable for now. Is there a good way to just put the coils in the front? I don't know enough about the computer system as of now.
Yup, that's me. I keep waiting to go down there one morning and see that bag totally resemble a can of dinner biscuits.
I have driven a coil converted mark once and was horribly disappointed. but that car was in awful crap condition anyhow, someone had badly abused it, I was just checking it out for someone who wanted to buy it.

Members online

Back