Flwmstr 40 series swap

Sounds pretty sick dude, what was your complete setup?
thanks, I'm not disappointed..everything is stock, except the exhaust now: dual 2.5'' all the way from the cats, 3rd cat and resonator gone, no x pipe or h pipe, out to the Flowmaster 40 Delta series... eleph ears and snorkel gone, thinking about getting a chip and dyno tune, but hard to justify $550 here locally

thanks, I'm not disappointed..everything is stock, except the exhaust now: dual 2.5'' all the way from the cats, 3rd cat and resonator gone, no x pipe or h pipe, out to the Flowmaster 40 Delta series... eleph ears and snorkel gone, thinking about getting a chip and dyno tune, but hard to justify $550 here locally

The addiction has overtaken your soul! Money is of no concern because racecar. :D

The addiction has overtaken your soul! Money is of no concern because racecar. :D
speeding tickets are the ultimate rehab....or like the kid's turbo Mazda I saw at the muffler shop....misused his nitrous and threw a piston through his block and oil pan..left it sitting on the highway, $7k for a new motor

Your car sounds pretty sick, I think for under 500 you could get some 4.10 gears and a posi. Would probably be the better bang for your buck considering your car is stock. Even though a chip and dyno tune will help, you may be better off doing the 4.10s and a posi.

I drive 90 hwy miles/day....4.10 would break me

I hear this all the time from Mark8 owners and I have to constantly remind them that these cars are NOT 3 speeds! :p With a wide ratio automatic transmission and overdrive, steeper gears will not hurt your mileage like you think they will. When I picked up my Supercharged 97 and drove it back from Kansas it was getting 20 mpg. That is with 4.10 gears, a rich tune and 390rwhp. ;)

I'll bet you still get into the 20s for mileage on the highway with 4.10s :D

I'm doing good to get 22 now, although about 1/3 to 1/4 of my hwy driving is gridlock stop/go per metro Atlanta rush hour

although about 1/3 to 1/4 of my hwy driving is gridlock stop/go per metro Atlanta rush hour

Sounds about right. ^That is why you are only getting 22mpg. So essentially you are getting 22mpg "mixed" driving. Highway mileage in my opinion is long trips in which you would probably get even better mileage. So yeah, you might get 20mpg driving it the way you do now "mixed" driving with 4.10s. My 91 Town Car didn't even get that with 100 less hp and 3.08 gears. :eek:

Fwiw I get about 15 mixed with a uranium foot. I wouldnt go any higher than a 410 for my commute to school about 20 ish miles out

i may look at a new gear....but the 'list' is already kinda lengthy, starting with headlights, then wheels (maybe)...just found a used SCT xcal2 for 150 obo....one tune on it....for a Cobra

i may look at a new gear....but the 'list' is already kinda lengthy, starting with headlights, then wheels (maybe)...just found a used SCT xcal2 for 150 obo....one tune on it....for a Cobra

If you're looking at an all around great gear that even the pickiest people will chose when considering gas mileage with added performance, 3.73s are popular. Sounds like if you could nab up that xcal, you got a good deal. Best of luck! ;)

you will need a custum tune though. that cobra tune could possibly **** your car up

plus, it's an xcal2....the latest is xcal3...newer technology...or I could just buy a Cobra to use the tune!

1110120222.jpg
how it looks:
1110121558.jpg

1110120302.jpg

Lol @ your lengthy list, its just gonna keep growing unless you're planning on locking it in a time capsule

time for tips, narrowed the choices to two:
this one is round and has a 2.5'' i.d. inlet and 4'' outlet, it will slide over my muffler out pipe
35136.jpg

this one looks a little cooler, is oval, but it has a 2.25'' i.d. inlet which would have to slide inside my muffler out pipe
35158.jpg

I went with a pair of the round tips and saved $40; both are ss and slant tips

That's one hell of a personallized tag! :D

In the end its a matter of personal taste. I have had MagnaFlows, Flowmasters & DynoMax Mufflers on my Marks. So far the Flowmaster attracts me the most. The Magnaflows were just too quiet for me. Some members on here & non-members I've come across don't even put mufflers on the car. They simply remove the OEM mufflers which I wouldn't do. It's all about taste & the exact rumble YOU want to listen to when you enjoy your car....

Now that being said. Who on here can truly say that they turn on their radio & roll up their windows on that very first drive after you install your performance exhaust?

It feels so good to drive out of the exhaust shop with that new rumble! :D

It feels so good to drive out of the exhaust shop with that new rumble! :D

I know that feeling. Every car I've had has had its exhaust modified. I would go weeks without turning the radio on.

Now that my exhaust has been broken in, it is getting a little louder than I want it. I love the way it sounds, but I need to turn it down some so I may end up buying a set of Dynomax Ultraflow's for the rear to compliment the mid-mounted X. Should still sound good afterward.

I haven't had a car with this type of rumble in a long. long time. The first morning I drove to work I was like, WTH have I done??? Then the next day it was all normal
...as a kid I rode in my dad's '66 Stingray with side pipes...this setup reminds me of that alot, although he had a radical Crane cam...definitely $450 well spent on exhaust mod

Members online

No members online now.
Back