Fixed My Snapped 'X' Brace

Aquabrit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Driving along one day, i was irritated by an annoying vibration - traced it to my X brace which had snapped in 2 places. Anyway, i got jamie97lsc to weld it up and decided to reinforce it abit:

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02959-1.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

After welding, reinforcement and painting, its all good now. Very quiet and much stiffer. :)

haha, isnt that relatively thin metal? trying to think of how that could have broken? something big in the rear seat? haha i dont know. good fix though. rattling can be annoying just consider yourself lucky you found it!!!
Nice!

actually they break quite often. i have probably seen a dozen or so of the marks i have parted out had the same problem as martin's car, i dont know what cause's it to crack and break, but it happens. probably just chassis flex.

Yup its definitely chassis flex that causes them to break - you could see it on mine - it had twisted and torn up the thin metal of the brace like paper. I bet there are more guys out there with broken braces, they just don't know it yet. Calabrio posted the same problem a while ago - his had caused an air line to be cut, so any strange air leaks - be a good place to check.

Members online

Back