First mod any new Mark owner should do.

Well,I should have them up by the end of this week. I use my phone to do everything. My computer wont even let me look at my pictures I have on it. My iphone is in repair. Dropped it,fixed the screen myself and broke the actual lighting up screen thing. Shouel have it thursday!

Laser, what size are the bars on the front braces? 1x1?
I ordered the same rear brace last week, they shipped today. SCP was closed for the holidays :(

Laser, what size are the bars on the front braces? 1x1?
I ordered the same rear brace last week, they shipped today. SCP was closed for the holidays :(
I believe they are 1"x1"

Laser which of all the suspension mods did you think made the most improvement?

Our cars rear has themost problems so I would say:
1. IRS brace
2. rear sway bar
3. Firewall braces
4. front suspension braces
5. Front sway bar (still waiting on mine)

I have the firewall braces and they make a BIG difference. No other bracing outside of that, but I just got done installing DLF's delrin rear LCA bushing and SCP's poly knuckle kit and poly shock mounts. Can't wait to see how the Mark handles now...

(front end has already been rebuilt)...

I have the firewall braces and they make a BIG difference. No other bracing outside of that, but I just got done installing DLF's delrin rear LCA bushing and SCP's poly knuckle kit and poly shock mounts. Can't wait to see how the Mark handles now...

(front end has already been rebuilt)...

:( Check the Poly knuckle bushings in a year or so. They will end up compressing and allow the knuckle to slide back and forth on the mounting bolts.

:( Check the Poly knuckle bushings in a year or so. They will end up compressing and allow the knuckle to slide back and forth on the mounting bolts.

I'll watch for that.

As long as they serve their function as well as, or better then the stock bushing, that is all I need. I don't do much aggressive driving, but it is nice to have the option...

DICK! :mad: I'll catch you with your pants down in one of these threads and when I do it's open game :D .... I may even look through old posts just to toy with you. This is WAR! :p

LOL
scared.jpg

Have my IRS Crossmember drawn up...

IRSCrossmember.jpg

Hopefully finish the front brace drawings tonight, and pick up stock on Saturday. :)

Hmmm....I think I need to drill my lower mounting place for the rear brace. I only have one bolt in each side for now. Tends to move every now-n-then.

Sorry about the necro, guys, but this thread has me really interested.

I've done a coil conversion with the lowering kit.

So I have three questions:

Is it a waste of time for me to do the braces, or will I still get some benefit?

Is the car too low in the back for the IRS braces? Will I scrape speed bumps and curbed driveways?

Sorry about the necro, guys, but this thread has me really interested.

I've done a coil conversion with the lowering kit.

So I have three questions:

Is it a waste of time for me to do the braces, or will I still get some benefit?

Is the car too low in the back for the IRS braces? Will I scrape speed bumps and curbed driveways?
Yes is will make a huge improvement in the way the car feels and handles. Yes it hangs very low and I beat the crap out of my braces. My front ones are a solid scratch on bottom, no more paint. The rear brace sometimes hits so hard that it slips backwards and slams into the exhaust. Then I have to jack the car up and use a mallet to knock the rear brace back down.

They are still worth it and if it were not for the fact I drive my car in way low mode then I prolly wouldnt hit them all so much.

Members online

No members online now.
Back